Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weigh In

Tuesday.  Weigh In day.  I layed in bed this morning and so badly wanted to pull the covers up over my head and not go to Weight Watchers.  I didn't though.  I knew this was not going to be a good week because I did ZERO exercise and pretty much just sat around.  Which, would be fine except I did not lower my calories.  That means a weight gain.

I was pleasantly surprised that it was not more.  I gained 1.8 pounds.  I came home with a new determination to get cardio in everyday.  Even if it's 10 minutes.  And, I am back riding the bike.  I am only doing 2.5 miles at a time.  I simply don't have the lung capacity I did a month ago.

After Weight Watchers I went to the Heart Center and had them change the batteries in this monitor I have.  Of course I had to wait.  With my disease pretty much every doctor I see the waiting rooms are filled with people much older than I am.  It is just not common to see someone in their 40's with oxygen.  I would think that this is one place I would fit in and not get looks.  But it's quite the opposite.  No one will make eye contact but when I look up from a magazine they are looking. 
I wonder if there will ever be somewhere I can just be me.  Not the young one with a lung disease.  Or, the one that sticks out at the cardiac center? 

I will keep you updated this week on my weight loss progress.  I plan to be able to see a good result daily in my caloric deficit.  I have a new determination.  I can't just coast along and gain here and there.  I want to reach my goal.  It may not be in June or July... But I will get there!

No comments: