Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A late Weigh in and Catching up

Last I wrote it was Friday and I was feeling pretty well. 

Saturday we went to dinner with the family and after we ordered and after we ate the appetizer's and I drank an iced tea, I leaned in to Bill and told him I needed to go home quickly.  All of a sudden this feeling came over me that I needed to lay down and I was going to soon throw up. 
I apologized and Bill took me home. 

For the next 2 days I had the worst intestinal bug I had in years.  I could not hold food or water down.  Finally Monday I got up a few hours at a time just so I could get back to the human race.  I finally ate a grilled cheese sandwich and water. 

Tuesday I went to weigh in and I lost 3.4 pounds.  I am now at 190.2 pounds.  At least 40 more to go... I have redone my target #'s to be easier on myself.  I am not going to feel badly because I don't lose 2.8 pounds every week.  If I have learned nothing from this month... it's that good intentions don't take the pounds off.  I have so many variables with my health.  It really all depends on any given week or day as to what I can accomplish exercise wise. 

I have been doing some battling with depression again.  I know it's simply a result of having a run of bad health.  Being told to limit activity, new medications, emergency room visits, hospital stays.  It hasn't been the best month. 

Sunday night I laid in bed and was feeling so weak and sick ... I just thought this is how my future will be at some point.  Then I remember a doctor somewhere saying... "people don't die from emphysema, they die from it damaging other organs".  Comforting isn't it?  Anyway... Sunday night I realized more than ever that I have to fight this disease. 

I have to be strong and diligent in my effort to lose weight.  I have to continue to guard my health and avoid those with colds/flu.  I have to fight through pain and not give up.  I need mostly to keep a positive attitude, and not let these set backs send me into depression.  They are going to happen once in a while, the sooner I accept that the better prepared I will be. 

Once again I promise to do better about writing every day. 


The chart just shows my progress since I started using the Bodybugg, and my target date that I should meet my goal.  I set my daily goals easier for me.  If I surpass them ... that's great, but if I just make the daily goal then that is fine too.  I am being kinder to myself.  LoL

No comments: