Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Friday, April 22, 2011

Shoes and Jelly beans


I slept so deep last night I don't think I moved all night.  I think it was a combination of good meds and exhaustion.  Today I felt more like myself.  I had more energy but I was more sore today.  My arms from where they played poke the patient ached, my groin area and leg was sore. 

I have been showering like I am doing yoga positions.... Trying my best not to get the "site" overly wet.  So I bent over backward to rinse my hair... stood on one foot shaving my legs and looked like I was playing the Hokey Pokey when I was rinsing off. 

I know this is small in the grand scheme of things... but I am afraid I will have a bad weigh in on Tuesday.  I have looked at all the information they gave me when they discharged me, and I see only that they say modify activity for 72 hours.  So, I am assuming that I can tomorrow.  Since we are going out for dinner tomorrow, I think I will wait until Sunday.  We are going to a nice restaurant with Brittney, Fernando and Layla and Maria (Fernando's mom) for an early Easter dinner. 

Then Easter the kids will come over and Layla can hunt eggs and watch movies and we will play some cards and snack.  If it snows we will hide the eggs for Layla in the house.  It won't be the first time we had to do this!  LOL

Britt came over this afternoon and picked me up and we went shopping for Layla's Easter basket and maybe a outfit for her, and maybe an outfit for me for dinner tomorrow.  As it turned out we both bought some awesome shoes... a few dresses for Layla and I bought the cutest big floppy pink hat for Layla to wear tomorrow for dinner.  Britt nor I found any clothes we wanted.  We tried some on though.  Both of us crammed into a dressing room. 
I have the best times with her.  We are so much alike and so close.  We are both somewhat sarcastic and not many people "get" us.  It's fun to be around those who can take a joke and dish them out. 
When she was younger people thought we had an inappropriate relationship because we have always been best friends.  She has always told me everything and I have always trusted her with whatever I shared with her.

Now that we are both older we are even closer I think.  There are never any judgements, because we both get why we do the things we do.  The problem (if there is one) that arises at times is... I don't want to worry her with some of my medical issues until I have answers to them.  Or, if I know she has finals I will hold off telling her things until her life isn't so hectic.  This infuriates her! 

I love her and I am so grateful to the powers that be that I have been so blessed. 

Now... I am off to bed.  The medications are now giving me that warm fuzzy feeling.  Night... :)

No comments: