Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Sunday, April 3, 2011

A good day

Today was almost Springy outside.  Still cold, but the sun was shining and it was beautiful.  One of those days where you can open the doors and let your house air out for a while. 

I hate the long winters we have.  I always feel like I need to get air circulation to make the house smell fresh and not trapped stale air. 

I turned on my IPod and turned up the volume and cleaned, got dinner ready and walked on the trampoline for 14 minutes today.  I "trampolined" gently and with 2 sports bra's on.  If felt wonderful to exercise.  It made me want to be better about what I am eating, and it just made me feel better about myself.  Funny what 14 minutes can do isn't it?  LoL

It was a wonderful day.  I needed a wonderful day.  I have been fighting depression for a while and today is just what the doctor ordered to get me out of it.  It makes sense now that I think about it... for 3 weeks I have not felt very good, I have been on steroids, then in the emergency room, and told not to do any exercise.  Depression sunk in...
Today I felt better, I exercised and I cared about what I was eating.  Hence the depression lessening. 

So, I have this event monitor on.  They explained to me that when I felt an "event" happening to push the record button.  They said it would hold 5 events and then I would need to bring it in for them to upload the information and clear it back out for me again.  There is a #5 in the upper right hand corner of the device.  Well, no events :) have happened.  I need to take it back in tomorrow to have the battery replaced and get some new leads.  It really is awkward to wear this.  I am glad to have it, in case there is another issue ... at least this would let them know what I am feeling. 

For me it is very hard to try and explain.  And, as funny as this sounds ... Sometimes it is very hard for me to tell the difference between heart pain and lung pain.  There are times when I can definitely feel sharp pains in my lungs, and there is no chance it is heart related.  There are moments though that I really can't tell. 

One thing I will remember and keep in mind is ... when the E.R. doctor told me and then again my primary care doctor told me if you think you are having a heart event... have someone press firmly on your chest.  If the pain worsens then it is most likely NOT a heart issue.  Good to know.

No comments: