Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Injections hurt!

I followed directions and took all the antibiotics for my cyst and went in today for a follow up appointment.

Soon the doctor came in, looked at it and instructed the nurse he would need 4x4's, Lidocaine and 18 ( I think) gauge needles.  He had me take off my shirt and bra and placed white paper over most of my breasts and started injecting Lidocaine in a circle around my cleavage.  I lost count after 14 injections, there were more, but by that time I was trying to remember to breath.  He reminded me that he hadn't heard my O2 interrupter go off in quite some time.  It isn't a good idea to hold ones breath when they  have low oxygen levels anyway.  lol

Finally he began to cut and I felt snipping and pulling and digging.  He said he was leaving a "wick" inside to help it continue to drain.  He then put a pile of 4x4 pads over it and taped it up.  He gave me a paper bag full of pads to bring home in case it kept bleeding.  I thought, how could it bleed through all this?

Well, tonight it is bleeding through.  Not bad yet.... I think I will wait until I change it.  I go see him again in the morning, and I am hoping he can change the bandage.

Here it is as of now...
He tells me that it shouldn't scar badly.  After the Lidocaine wore off this afternoon, my furthest thoughts were scarring!  lol

Layla spent the night tonight and we played some of her games she got for Christmas.  Her and Priscilla went to bed early tonight.

I called Gail (my friend who was diagnosed with lung cancer) and she just had the brain scan today.  She promises to let me know when the get the results.  So far they are talking about 8 weeks of radiation and chemo.  I wish I could go down there but I think I am looking at having my uterus removed in January sometime.

I'll keep you updated on how everything goes.

8 comments:

Gail said...

I have just found a friend. I have had my life change in one weekend back on June 7th of this year and was hospitalized with the out come of COPD and I am now on oxygen 24/7 and unable to work. I too am on this journey with you.

Annie Rios said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie Rios said...

Hi Kellie. You are a strong person inside and out. I admire your bravery. Keep up the faith. God Bless You.

Unknown said...

Gail, I am sorry to hear about your diagnoses. It's one I wouldn't wish on anyone.
There always seem to be daily struggles of some kind, but the trick is to find something to keep you busy every day.

Annie... You are so sweet. Thank you.

Vaporizer said...

What creates the website of an treatment harm after you have gotten a photo How far does the hook have to go into you to successfully produce.

Unknown said...

Vaporizer, I am not sure what you are saying?
If you are wondering why I would put a photo like that up there it's because this is my blog.... yes it is very public, but when I started this I promised to hold nothing back.
I am not sure what is caused by my Copd/Emphysema and what is not.. therefore, all things will be documented.
I hope that answered your question, or satisfied your remark.

Anonymous said...

woot, thankyou! I finally came to a site where the webmaster knows what they're talking about. Do you know how many results are in Google when I search.. too many! It's so annoying having to go from page after page after page, wasting my day away with thousands of people just copying eachother's articles… bah. Anyway, thankyou very much for the info anyway, much appreciated.

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!