Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The nature trail

I wanted yesterday to go for a walk on the nature trail.  I have walked it before 2.5 miles and there is always something to see.  Bill didn't want to go yesterday and I didn't want to bother Britt so I didn't go.  Today I asked Bill and he said he wanted to take a nap, so Britt and layla went with me.  I didn't get very far without having my lungs seize up on me.  I just couldn't get air.. and that was with the oximizer they gave me.  I am not sure if it was because a low pressure system is coming in and the wind was blowing at my face... or my lungs just wanted the day off?  So, we didn't walk.  We turned around and backtracked and took a few pictures and found some fruit.  LOL
Rose Hips.... I am going back tomorrow to pick some for sauce

Layla trying to convince me more berries won't make her sick.
Wild Plums..  I am going to try and make some plum sauce


My girls <3  Just love them. 

This was supposed to be just a walk, white clothes and black berries are not a good idea.


I didn't take any pictures of the Black Berry bushes because once we realized they were there we had emptied out our water bottles and filled them with berries and our hands looked like we had been in a cat fight and Layla's white dress had the prettiest purple stripes on it.  We pledged to go back tomorrow with equipment to get back into those berry bushes and get the bigger berries. 
Britt even climbed a tree to get some fruit we didn't know what it was.  She couldn't get high enough but I found some good specimens on the ground to bring home. 
Then we found huge patches of rose hips.  When I lived in Alaska my mom and step dad took me and a girlfriend out picking rose hips.  They brought gallons of them home and mom made Rose hip Ketchup.  It actually wasn't as good of Ketchup as it was a BBQ sauce for beef and chicken.  And, it's SO good for you.  I think she even made Rose hip Jelly.  Anyway... I am going to make some sauce.

If was can find enough of the mystery fruit (that I found out were wild plums) I want to pick enough of those to make plum sauce out of.  GREAT for pork!

So, after losing 5 lbs last week and weighing in this morning... Tonight we took some friends to dinner at a Mongolian restaurant.  I had no meat, lots of veggies and LOTS of yaki-soba noodles.  I can't  find anywhere how many points that might be, so I am maxing out my points for today. 
The rest of the week I will have to do great.  I don't want to lose momentum.

I am not sure if it's because I have a full stomach, or because I haven't been sleeping very good, or from all that fresh air this afternoon... Fall is in the air.. But I am so tired tonight. 
It is only 7:30 and I am ready for bed. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)
--
http://www.miriadafilms.ru/ купить кино
для сайта asiliveandbreathe-kellie.blogspot.com