Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Thursday, September 2, 2010

A few of my meals the last couple days


My new water bottle. I have been drinking 4 to 5 of these a day. For me that is huge... I hated water. I had been putting lemon in it and by the end of the day it tastes stale. So, I heard that cucumber may work. I love it. It is so refreshing. So, for those of you who need a little something in their water... I highly reccomend it.


This dinner will get tweaked a little next time. It is pasta (next time I will use whole wheat ones) with homemade sauce, no sugar nothing harmful or high in calories... just tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, garlic and browned and drained then rinsed ground turkey. Then black beans and corn for more protien with a whole Anehiem Chili diced.. no sauce on this one, and it's flavorful. Then a green salad w/ yogurt/parm dressing.


This one will also be tweaked next time to take away whole eggs and use egg whites only. (I found at the market a pint of 99% whole egg whites only). First I sauted (with spray "I can't believe it's not butter for flavor) onions and yellow peppers and cilantro, then added eggs and cooked with out stirring until almost done then sprinkled 1 ounce of shredded pepper jack cheese and folded like an omlete.. then just added sliced tomatoes. Really filling and pretty healthy.


Another Spahgetti dinner, only just with a green salad, a few tomatoes and water.


Tuna salad over romaine lettuce and celery, green peppers, with 1 hard boiled egg sliced. And guess what else???? WATER! LoL

3 comments:

don and jane pierce said...

Hi Kelli, I am Janey, a retired 63 year old mom, wife and grandmother. I just found out I have a kidney problem. I am not sure of all the numbers but, he said I was at 300. In Nov. 08, I was at 300 and he retested Dec. 08 and April, 09, I was OK. Now I am back at 300.

I just wanted you to know I read your blog, and it is helping me!

Thank you, Janey

don and jane pierce said...

Opps, I also have Emphysema and now a kidney problem. I am not on oxygen, but have an inhaler. I was an optician for 30 years and tinted, bleached and stripped optical lenses. Inhaled a lot of STUFF. I also have diabetes and high blood pressure. Quite a list of problems. I try to eat safely for all of this and we keep going

Unknown said...

Janey,

I am so thankful my blog is helping. I sometimes begrudingly come here and blog. I feel like at times all I am doing is being whiney, so to know other people relate really makes a difference to me.
I wish you health and good breathing with your emphysema. I just know that it seems (and this is my "Duh" statement) that when your lungs start to go they drag other organs with them. It really is true (but often thought about) how much your body depends on oxygen and once it is depraved(sp?) of it it begins to cause issues with heart, kidneys, liver... you name it.