Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Yesterday all day and again today I have been breathless. I walked across the street today to my neighbors house to help her with Weight Watcher points and just walking there and into her house left me panting. I was embarrassed. She wanted to know if I was O.K., she wanted to know if I wanted a drink of water... I just shook my head no because I didn't have enough breath to answer her. When I finally got my breath I apologized and told her I was fine. It's really the first time anyone "outside" the family has seen me like that. REALITY! Anyway, then Bill and I needed to run to the store to pick up a few things for the girls (they are coming back home today until Sunday) and I told him either he had to find a place to park right up front (with my handicap sign) or he had to drop me off at the door. We walked through getting what we needed and by the time I got back in the car I was done!

So, now before my girls arrive I am here on the couch with my laptop resting and trying to regain any airflow I can. I can tell you though... my rescue inhaler is not working like it used to. Now, when I need it badly what I used to fix with 1 or 2 puffs now takes 4. They tell me not to use more than 4 puffs at a time. Well, what's next? That question goes with the rest for my doctor next month. Our weather went from being fairly warm to down in the 20's and 30's at night. I wonder if that effects my breathing? And, if from now on I will have to watch the barometer for changes in the weather? Or, I could rent myself out as a weather forcaster for some extra income! LoL This is really getting ridiculous!

Did I ever mention that I was having a problem with the smell of the oxygen? The very first day I got it (January 21st of this year) I told Bill there is a strange smell. I told my doctor a few times about it. He said try and wash the cannula's. I tried that, I tried hanging them outside to air out for a few days, I tried spraying them with perfume, I tried rubbing oranges on them. LOL Well... yesterday I called the oxygen company and they said it could be the concentrator and they brought me a different one and guess what... NO ODOR!! I think they must have oiled the machine or something and not cleaned it well enough. It had a chemically smell, or like silicone or something. I dunno... I am glad my oxygen doesn't stink anymore though. LOL It was so strong that it actually would wake me up and night stinking.

So, because the girls are coming.... Well, not only because of that... My house needed to be cleaned. Especailly we needed to vacuum the floors. Did I ever mention I used to have a slight cleaning problem? LoL Well, I came by it honestly, my mom used to vacuum the street in front of our house when I was a teenager! LOL
Since this diagnoses and especially more in the last few months I cannot handle dust. I can polish my furniture, but vacuuming is really hard on me. We have dogs and I am not sure if it's because of the dander from them? Or, if it's just dust, or maybe just pushing that thing around on wool rugs gets to me? Anyway, Bill has taken over vacuuming, and it is bugging me to death!! LoL I know in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal... but what used to take me an hour to do he does in about 10 minutes. It's like speed cleaning. Far be it for me to bitch though!!! Ok Ok, I bitch. lol
This is one part of this disease that really bothers me. This is a slice of independence I want back. To be able to do my own laundry, clean my own house, mow my own yard... these things I miss. I have adjusted my standards as far as my house and clothes go and I don't let it bother me now when the grass gets longer than I like.
It's just a few more things to get used to these days.

No comments: