Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Sunday, March 21, 2010

So, Bill and I went back walking on Friday. Only we walked the other Link River Nature Trail this time. It was WONDERFUL! The bird society has taken over the 2.5 mile trail and made lagoons for the geese and ducks to nest in, complete with islands and all. There are large snags (dead trees) propped up 30+ feet tall for the larger birds, like eagles. It is just a lovely walk. Again, it took me a while, and Bill was as patient as ever. It brought me to 4 1/2 miles in 2 days.
YEAH for me!!
I decided that I would make a goal to do 5 miles a week, weather permitting. I am not in any way making an excuse for myself not to walk, I am however realistic. I know last summer there were days that I stayed in the house. It was just too hot for me to go out and breath well.

We are at an elevation here of 4300 feet and at times I get breathless easier here than I do when we visit elsewhere. I noticed being near the ocean and having the cooler climate and lower elevation helps me. But then when the rains start and barometer drops I also have a hard time... so I am not sure anywhere would be perfect all the time?

I still am not sleeping. Maybe a 2 hour stretch every night. I am in bed a total of 9 hours and sleep about 4 or 5 total. It is frustrating.

Bill is leaving Tuesday for a week, and Layla is going to be here with me. I was going to call the doctor and ask her to give me something to help me sleep. But, with it being just me and Layla... taking a new medicine that will make me sleep is not going to work. I'll wait until Bill and Britt get home to make any medicine changes.

We have had some warmer weather. Meaning... It has gotten to above 60 during the day. I am not sure why but my bedroom has been so warm at night that I have a hard time sleeping. I am not sure if this is Emphysema or Menopause. Which ever one is besides the point.. it's miserable.. so today I had Bill put the air conditioner back in.
I am high maintenance!! LOL

1 comment:

Giulia said...

I know what it's like to not sleep. The PITS. And I know I should just get myself up and out of bed, have a cup of tea, read, get online and write - anything...but I like there (as I'm sure you do) for two hours. How stupid is that! What's wrong with us? The few times I HAVE actually gotten myself up and out of bed and had some tea, I'm back to sleep within an hour.

The great thing about menopause is that it DOES end! HA! I know. Been there. Wet washcloth by the bed in a dish on the nightstand - wipe it over your arms, chest then lay turn sideways and lay it over the back of your neck. Five minutes you'll be pulling the covers back up....