Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Yesterday morning I went to my Weight Watchers meeting then came home and Bill and I went to Fred Meyers and wandered around for an hour or so. We came home and I put away all the groceries I started feeling tired.
I had bought a rotisserie chicken and by the time I finished shredding it I was exhausted! I went in and sat down and really was so tired I fell asleep within minutes.
Bill being the "helpful" guy he is.. came in and woke me up and handed me my pajama's and told me to go to bed and get comfortable and take a nap. It was only 3:00!
I stayed awake but had this really heavy feeling in my chest, more on the right side. It was like I was struggling to get air there. I used my rescue inhaler and it did nothing, so I went in and turned on the oxygen and watched T.V. for a while.
After I was on the oxygen for about an hour I started to feel better.
I was amazed at how fast I got so tired, and how I really had NO energy to do anything. I am not sure what caused this. And, I am not sure what to call it? I read a lot about Copd/Emphysema... I hear the word Exacerbation a lot, and I am wondering if that's what this is? Another good question for my doctor.
Once in a while I will get that feeling in my chest. It's like there is something 1/2 way down my wind pipe blocking any air that wants to get passed. Each time I breath in there is a sharp pain. This pain for the last month or so has been on the left side. This is the first time I felt it on the right side.
Anyway... I stayed in bed all night. I might as well have gotten right back up again because I didn't sleep. I just laid there with the oxygen and waited for my chest to quit hurting, then I waited to be able to fall back to sleep, which didn't happen until around 1:00 a.m. or so.

The doctor gave me new meds for fibromyalgia and one of them replaced the restless leg syndrome medication. Well, I don't think it's working. I am awake all night with feet and legs that feel like they are on fire. I have had cramps in my feet and legs and every time I move I the cramps start. I'll deal with it the rest of the month and talk to her when I see her in April at my next appointment.

Now... I went and weighed in yesterday at WW and I lost 2.6 pounds. That is a grand total of 7 pounds in 7 weeks. I am good with that.
I have said over and over again that Yes, I do want to lose weight. And, of course... like every other woman out there (men too) I would love to twinkle my nose or take a magic pill and lose all my weight at once. But since that is not possible... then I want to cook what I want, eat (for the most part) what I want and still lose weight. Is that being unrealistic? LoL

Being on Weight Watchers a few times I have learned that tomato and pasta sauces are very filling and low in point value. So... I have made all kinds of them by scratch and then freeze them. I have some with ground turkey and turkey Italian sausage. I have some with artichokes and vodka. I have some with red wine and sour cream. They all are very flavorful and low in calories. Even with the vodka, wine and sausage. A while ago I got rid of all the "white flour" pasta and replaced it with whole wheat. It is much lower in carbs, calories and fat and sodium.
I even have started using whole wheat spaghetti noodles in stir fry's instead of soba noodles.

This is the way to lose weight! With good flavorful foods that are healthy. Having Copd and Emphysema, the first thing the Pulmonologist told me was to stay away from Sodium. All food has it, the trick is to find foods as low in sodium as possible. It's like a game now.
So we are learning to stay away from most packaged foods and processed foods and cook from scratch. That is the only way I can limit the amount of sodium and fat that we are getting.
Of course Bill resists this. While I am buying spinach at the store, he is over in the bulk food barrels buying chocolate covered peanuts, and candy corn and snickers bars. LoL

Anyway... god my attention span isn't good anymore. LoL]]
I was really pleased that I lost weight last week. I cooked good meals, even with sauces and just kept my portions under control and didn't have seconds... And LOST WEIGHT!! It can be done.

No comments: