Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Monday, March 8, 2010

The girls went home yesterday and now it's time to get back in our routine. It's different to just have Bill and I wandering around our house. Much less obligations.
For the first few days after having Layla here we wander around kind of half enjoying the peace and quiet, and half wishing she were still here. She is almost 5 and has the only child syndrome of wanting your total attention, and gets a tad demanding at times. LoL
They will be moving back here at the end of the month. It's been a while since they lived near us (meaning in the same town). Britt is going back to school and she'll be putting Layla in pre-school until fall when she will start kindergarten. I am looking forward to being able to pick her up for play dates when I want too and not always out of necessity. It will also be great to be able to go to lunch with Britt, or go shopping together.. or just hang out and watch a movie every once in a while.

I am so glad that spring is approaching. It will be nice for Bill to get out of the house and do some golfing. Winters tend to be long here and we get cabin fever at times really bad. Sometimes being locked up together can get testy! LoL

We made a deal that since my diagnoses we would get out and do more things. There are so many places to go and things to see that aren't very far from here... we just need to start doing them. That's one thing I can give my mom credit for. Her and my step dad really enjoyed their life and saw so much. They moved from Alaska to Mexico and spent 10 years there. If they wanted to see something, they just went and did it. I don't want to look back at my life and say... We should have done this... or we never did go there. To some extent I think we all will have regrets, but while I can I want to do everything possible.

As for my Copd/Emphysema...
It seems my breathing isn't as bad as it was a few weeks ago. The pain in my left lung now comes and goes, but is not constant. That makes me wonder what it is? I am having a few issues with the cannula's I use for oxygen. They seem to have this smell I can't get over. I think it is the silicone they use. And, it's only certain lot #'s.
I still am having sleep issues. My primary doctor thinks it is a symptom of Fibromyalgia. Last night I had such bad leg cramps that anytime I would move my legs I would start getting cramps in them. Miserable!!!

This week I have tried to watch my Weight Watchers Diet a little better. I still am trying to not "diet" and just eat healthy and make better choices. I am not necessarily in a big hurry to drop a gazillion pounds. I would be happy to just be able to eat smart flavorful foods and lose weight because of my choices and not starvation. Don't get me wrong, if I could take a magic pill and lose 50 pounds I would do it in a heart beat! LoL But if I am being realistic then a pound a week would be nice. It is going to take some getting used to portion sizes and when I eat this... I do without that... is that called sacrafice?! LoL
Tomorrow is my weigh in again. I'll let you know how it goes. Last weeks gain of .6 pounds can not happen again. If it does then I will have to re-evaluate my methods.

1 comment:

bonbon4ever said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.