Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Friday, March 5, 2010

The girls are still here. They will go home Sunday, so we get to enjoy them a few more days. Britt enrolled in Spring classes at KCC (community college) to get her basics out of the way, and then she will go over to Ashland to finish her Masters. I am so relieved for her to make her decision and stick with it. It was a big step for her and it took a lot of guts. I worry about her, but she will always be fine. She is such a strong and independant young woman.

Bill and I went over to Medford yesterday so I could see the dermatologist. My appointment went fine except for one suspicous spot on my cheek, which he took a needle biopsy of and then froze it. He said I will be getting a call from the lab and let me know the results. Probably next week. He said he is just airing on the safe side, but thinks it looked fine. It's just with my skin cancer history he would rather be safe than sorry.
So... I have a spot on my cheek that is turning dark brown and then black. He said it will most likely come off in about 10 days. Until then I will look like one of those women with a big ugly mole on their face! LOL
As if my self esteem wasn't bad enough these days.

Anyway... after the doctor's office we went to Cosco... bought a bunch of "big food" we don't need. Went to lunch, then went and looked at cars. We are going to be trading in my Durango, and I want something small that gets good gas mileage. To fill up my Durango is about 60-70$ which just kills me!
So, we looked at This cute little thing. I test drove it, and fell in love.

It's a Kia Soul. We are going to wait until after we help Britt get moved, and Bill is taking one more solo trip to Idaho and needs the room of our Durango. Then I'll go get it. :)

A while ago I mentioned how embarrassing it is for me to tell new people/friends that I have Copd/Emphysema. Today I told one of my best highschool friends. I am sure she will be just fine with it. I am not sure what I am so worried about... Well yes I do. Emphysema has a stigma about it. You hear that word and think Black Crusty Lungs, shrivled up old people.. those horrid pictures they show you to get you to quit smoking. Well... Those pictures are not the picture of Emphysema. It is me, it is your friend, it is anyone.

When I have good days I can almost forget I have this disease. I can even feel good about me. For the most part though one of my biggest struggles is to try and remember I am not an old lady. It's not that I am vain. It's not that I don't think there is more to life than a pretty face, or a thin body. Because I have known some really beautiful ugly people. It's just difficult for me at times. My idea of vibrant doesn't include an oxygen canula or an inhaler! LOL

1 comment:

Giulia said...

"My idea of vibrant doesn't include an oxygen canula or an inhaler!"

Then it's time to change your idea, eh? Because you ARE vibrant without or with those items. For the cells of your body are dancing with the vibrancy of life. And it's a beautiful rhythm.