Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Saturday, July 9, 2011

A bad shopping trip

Not much has been going on.  I am working on my attitude, trying to manage a positive outlook.  God, it's hard this time. 

My energy level is low and even wanting to do something I have to talk myself into getting up off my butt. 
Today I went grocery shopping.  Bill was doing projects around the house and I felt useless, so I decided to go.  I usually don't like shopping alone, especially if I am going to be a while.  Today, again ... for the second time now I ran out of O2 in the middle of shopping.  I had just changed the tank last night and should have had plenty of air in it. 

Anyway... realizing I had two choices ... to either stash my cart and walk all the way out to the car to change tanks ... or... finish shopping as quickly as I can and get to the car and home.

I, like last time opted for the continue shopping choice.  WRONG.  I got so tense and panic stricken that it made it worse.  Normally I can go 10 or 15 minutes without O2, but that is sitting on my butt at home and not walking through a store.  While I am up and active, my oxygen saturation drops rather quickly.  Any how... a bad experience.  And, a lesson learned.  Next time, leave the cart, go to the car and replace tanks and then finish shopping.

Someone asked me today how I manage to go to Curves and be on oxygen?  It made me wonder if people think I am a little crazy to think I can do these things?  Even people in the stores look at me like I should be in a cart.  I figured out how to get in our pool with my O2 ... I just connect the long tubing on my cannula and hop in.  I can float around and still breath!  lol

No comments: