Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Still resting

So, pretty much since Thursday I have been in bed.  I am sick of ... being sick, not feeling well, in pain, on pain meds, getting moody because this is a set back.  This has to be one of the most painful things I have been through.  Or at least the most consistent pain with no relief.

This is the information sheet they sent home from the hospital with me on Thursday.

Pleurisy
What you should know:
* The pleura (PLOOR-AH) are thin layers of tissue that form a two-layered lining around the lungs.  One layer of the pleura rests directly on the lungs.  The other layer rests on the chest wall.  Between these layers, there is a small amount of pleural (PLOO-RAL) fluid.  This fluid helps your lungs move easily as you breathe.
* Pleurisy (PLOOR-I-SEE) is when the lining of the lungs becomes inflamed (irritated and swollen).  This causes the two layers of the pleura to rub together when the lungs move during breathing.  Sometimes extra fluid collects in the space between the pleural layers.  When there is too much fluid between the layers that line the lungs, it is called pleural effusion (e-FU-Zhun).  Pleurisy can happen with or without pleural effusion.  If you have pleurisy, you may need medicines to decrease pain and inflammation, or to treat an infection.

There you go.  That is Pleurisy in a nut shell.  All I know is ... I don't want it again, or any more! 

I know it's time to move again.  I cannot lay around this much without paying the price for it.  Losing weight and relying on Bill in the kitchen is impossible!  I am not knocking him... he babies me and buys me things like ... M&M's ... Sherbet.  He cooks with gravy and butter.  You know.... comfort food.  Well, I am about as comfortable as one can get and still fit into my clothes.

I have an appointment with my Primary Care Dr. on Tuesday.  I will hold off activity until then to get an all clear.  I am feeling really worthless. 

I don't make a very good patient.  I am getting a peek into the future and know that I have to fight with everything I have to not be like this for a long long time.  I have had pneumonia a couple times and it was not as painful as this, and didn't leave me feeling quite as weak and useless.  I don't like the pain medication, but I will use it.  If this is to be a set back, when I am able I want to be able to come back full force.  I miss exercising.  I want to get back on the diet track.  I just want to get back up.

Until later............. I'll be resting.

No comments: