Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Friday, June 24, 2011

I did it

As nervous as could be I walked into CURVES today and met with the entire staff.  The owner wanted all of them to meet with me and get comfortable with me being there.  I appreciated that.  I told them that I know my body pretty well and with my doctors direction I know how far to push myself.  After we chatted about 20 minutes I began to work on the machines.

Honestly, the hardest part of it was not getting tangled up in my cannula.  I found out quickly that there are certain machines that just don't work with a lung disorder.  Those I will work around and avoid.  All in all they were pleased with what I could do, and I was relieved that I could actually work up a sweat. 

They are closed on weekends so it will be Monday through Friday.  I would like to work out in the mornings, but they say that is their busiest time.  So, I will have to see where I can fit in and not slow everyone else down.

I am happy with myself.  Even there though one of the women who work there told me I am such an inspiration to everyone there.  That just makes me want to cringe.  It is not that I don't think of it as a compliment, it just makes me uncomfortable.  There are times I don't want to be someones inspiration, I just want to be me.  Do you understand that? 
Being an inspiration to someone puts pressure on me to continue to push forward, and believe me there are days where I would like to bury my head.  I guess it's a blessing in disguise.  It keeps me going.

They took measurements and I weighed in.  They weigh in only once monthly and take measurements then also.
I had gained 1 pound since my last Weight Watchers weigh in.  I will begin Curves weighing 194.2 .  I hope this will help me push forward in my weight loss and my body mass.
As always I will keep you informed.

Tonight I am tired.  I have already taken my meds and it's time to put my bones in bed.  I go to bed with the satisfaction of a new beginning.  :)

No comments: