Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Weigh in and Trying to stay off the floor

I got up this morning and rushed to a tanning appointment at 9:00 then Weight Watchers at 10:00. 

I gained 1.6 pounds bringing my total weight loss to 30.6 pounds.  I have been trying to lose this same 5 pounds for 2 months.  You would think I would get over it and begin to lose again.  I take full responsibility for my weight.  It is me putting every bite into my mouth. 

I am sure if I read back on this about every month at least once I would have a new idea on how to restart my weight loss/exercising ... or a new "outlook".  LoL  Well, I don't want to take the time to go back and read right now so I will just admit to it.

I have been thinking though (I see those smirks on your faces!! LOL) that this bodybugg program I am following projects my goal to be reached the first part of October I think.  I really like this bodybugg program and the tracking everything I eat.  But I think instead of keeping my focus on the number of pounds I want to get to, I want to refocus on the size and condition I want my body to be by then.  Pffft  Don't get me wrong if I get to my goal weight you will hear me yelling clear across the country!  ;)

I have been thinking seriously about going back to Curves.  In case you forgot or missed my last dealings with Curves I will retell my story. 

I joined Curves after I was put on night time O2, but before I was on it 24 hours a day.  I was on only 2 inhalers at the time and no other medication.  I barely remember those days.  So, my first day there the lady shows me all the stations and how to use each one, then rest or walk in place between each one.  I did fine the first day.  The second day I went in the morning and there was one other lady there.  We introduced ourselves to each other and I began my rotation.  She was right behind me.  On a few of the machines it shows your pulse rate and evidently mine hadn't cleared before she sat down.  I see her go to the "boss lady" and then they both head over my way.  The boss lady says (I can't remember names) Blah Blah is a retired RN and she saw what your pulse rate was when she sat down at a machine"  "She thinks it is at a dangerous level".  Then Blah Blah says to me "please lay down on the floor and bend your knees and just rest for a minute while I take your pulse."  So I find myself laid out on the floor.  My pulse never did get low enough to suit her.  I just told her I had emphysema and I was sure that played a part in it.  The boss lady says to me "it would make her feel better if I doubled my time between machines for the time being". 
I went 2 more times and then finally quit because it was evident that these women in there were so concerned they would hover over me throughout my work out.

Now I think being on O2, and bringing in a doctors note I could really benefit from their machines.  I think when I get back from Bend I will go in and talk to the manager about my concerns and see if I come back could things ease up some?  I will have my O2 cannula on and my Oxi-meter so I can keep track of all vitals.  I am hoping that may keep me off the floor!  LoL

No comments: