Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday's weigh in day

I had a 2 pound loss this week.  I was hoping for more, but remembered taking Layla to see Tangled and eating a LARGE popcorn with lots of butter and salt.  So, considering that I did pretty well.  That brings my total loss to 26.2 pounds and a weight of 197.8.

With this program every week you can look back and see maybe where needs work or how steady you were with exercise and staying within caloric boundaries.

This graph shows on the left how many pounds lost each week.  In the middle shows how far "off" I am according to my 2 pound per week goal.  Then on the right shows my 2 pound goal.  I am about 3 pounds behind what I set my goal at.  I hope to make that up with a pound here and a few ounces there.  I want that line to continue downward.  It will automatically give me the projected date I will hit my goal. 
Incidentally... the goal I set will also be adjusted.  My ultimate goal is according to standard guidelines for my age and height and that is 146.

This is the finalized view of yesterdays results.  The armband continues to track calories burned even while sleeping... yes you burn calories as you sleep.  You can compare this to what I posted yesterday and see the difference.  Yesterday I kept getting interrupted while I was exercising... so it shows each time I would start and stop... but ultimately I reached an hour.

I don't have the pressure of losing weight by a certain date now, or getting my BMI to a specific number.  I am not letting myself off the hook.  I am not sure if this is 100% for me or maybe partly to go back to my pulmonologist in March (he was the one who told me "I could hate him for telling me I need to lose weight") and be much lighter just to show him I am listening, and I do try and take care of myself.

Bill tells me he is proud of me for being so self motivated.  I know he is surprised.  Heck, I am surprised at myself.  The fact I quit smoking cold turkey astonishes me.  Now to be motivated to exercise every day for an hour is HUGE for me.  Diet is one thing, but exercise is something I never did. 

It is ridiculous that it takes me so long to get to an hour per day.  Sometimes 10 minutes at a time, sometimes less than that.  I do what my heart rate and breathing allow me to do.  I am pushing myself and I think that is fine and good as long as I know my boundaries.  I don't get so out of breath that I am gasping, I don't let my pulse get to the place where your head pounds to each beat of your heart and your vision gets fuzzy.  LoL  Most healthy people would say... are you crazy?  No... that is what happens if I go too far or exercise too quickly.
So, I will be perfectly happy saying I exercise an hour a day.  Even if it takes me all day to do it.  


No comments: