Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A look at my program


Here is a look at this program I am following.  
This is just one day.. yesterday ... and it tracks everything for you.  My favorite part of it is being able to plug in my armband at any time and find out what my caloric deficit is.  It tells me to stop eating, or to exercise more, or that I am right on track each day.  So, truly if I don't make my 2 pound goal each week it is 100% due to my own sabotage.
This shows my deficit and below the graph shows how many calories burned during a period of time.  (this is not a normal day for me as far as intake goes.  I try and keep it around 900, and my deficit at 1000.


With each meal I get online and add my foods eaten.  The program holds food eaten a lot into memory, some I have to add the recipe or nutrition information off the package.  The pie chart shows me how balanced my meals are

The graph below shows my exercise ... The intensity and the length each time throughout the day.  I am trying to build up to 1 hour. 




Once a week (after my Weight Watchers weigh in) I come here and update my weight.  then every 2 or 3 weeks I take measurements.  I like seeing the measurements... it shows me areas to concentrate on.


With every plus is a minus.  LoL  This shows me how on track I am with my goal.  I am currently 4.24 pounds off track.   



A loss is a loss is a loss!  I repeat that over and over again.  Today my loss was .8 bringing my total weight loss to 24.2 pounds and a weight of 199.8 .
I broke the 200 mark.  I hope I never see it again.  Good riddance

I have been working out with one of those mini trampolines.  I "walk" on it, trying not to bounce just use it for momentum and resistance.  I also have just started using 2 pound hand weights while "walking".  I know that it's working.  My legs and butt are getting more toned.  I am not even thinking I am toned, so don't get me wrong.  What was a handful is now less, my clothes are getting bigger and my ARMS (so happy about this) do not have quite the lose chicken wings they had a few months ago.  As you can see from the pictures up there, I only exercise for 10 minutes at a time.  This however is all I can do at once.  If I can do 6 sets of 10 minutes per day then I will work on maybe 4 sets of 15 and so on.

I am disappointed in losing less than 2 pounds a week.  But it is my "emotional eating" that is getting in the way.  The only difference between now and last year is that when I eat to soothe my emotions or depression I eat healthier and realize as I am chewing what I am doing.   And, the one thing that saves me is I don't keep junk on hand anymore.  If Bill has something I ask him to keep it to himself and out of my sight.
It's something I need to work on.  Eating because I am upset or bored or depressed will only make things worse.  Finding healthier ways to deal with life will be a wonderful achievement if I can ever truly get there.

Yesterday I made some really good Chili.  It is my own recipe.  I'll post it here.  I plugged it into the recipe portion and it gave me the caloric total which is 124 per cup. 

Kellie's White Chili

2 Tblsp. olive oil
2 lb chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 cup onions, chopped
2 cups chicken broth (fat free, low sodium)
2 4ounce cans chopped green chilies
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 cans white kidney beans (cannelloni) undrained
2 cups fat free sour cream

Heat olive oil in saucepan; add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.

Remove chicken.  Add onion and cook about 2 minutes. 
Stir in chicken broth, chilies and spices and let simmer 30 minutes. 
Stir in chicken and beans; simmer 10 minutes. 
Stir in sour cream; heat through and serve. 

Can serve with chopped cilantro and tortilla chips

makes about 10 cups
124 calories per cup (not including chips and cilantro)

Bill says this should come with a warning.  LoL  It is HOT, but one of those hot things that only really hurts once you stop eating it. 
If you don't like heat... leave out the cayenne pepper


My depression has reared it's ugly head again.  It's not so out of hand as before, but I have that urge to run from issues, to sleep life away and to avoid anyone.  It's difficult because Britt's boyfriends mom and I have become friends and she would really like to do things with me, and I would rather lock myself up and not have to put on a happy front for people.  I can do it rather well, but once in a while I crack and if someone were to bring up a touchy subject I have been known to  tear up... which is so embarrassing! 

My emotions are so close to the surface these days, I find it easier just to stay at home around family who knows I am a crybaby.  It's really odd, but when I have the most problems are when people are kind to me and ask things like... "How are you feeling?" or look at me with their head turned sideways and say "are you O.K.?"  I want so badly to tell them I am living.  I am breathing, and as far as I know my heart is still thumping.  That is a good day for me.  I know they mean well, but I can see that "look" in their eyes.  It's the same look that my family had the first couple times they saw me with a cannula on or struggling for air after just talking or telling a story.  I don't do well with compliments or sympathy, I never knew or learned how to react to it.

It is coming up on a year that I have been writing this.  I think it started around the 5th of February.  It will be interesting to go back and do some reading and comparing. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kellie,

Glad to see a new blog and your chili sounds phenomenal! I'm going to try it, but will use organic yogurt instead of the sour cream and see if it "works" :). January and February have always been difficult months for me, I've suffered from SAD in the past (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and would used to take anti-depressants for it and used to be scared after the holidays...I think if we were still cavemen (and women) we would be hibernating during these cold, dark, sunless months...I've learned to cut myself some slack, not worry if I don't want to be social, and read, craft, and putz around the house...this year I don't feel depressed, just "quiet", but still try to exercise to videos, etc. and keep up on my "to do" list, but it just seems like I'm more "reflective" during this time, I also starting taking a lot of vitamin D (accompanied with calcium) and just sit in the sun with my face to it when it breaks through the clouds...I think you are doing great...I try to curb the "carb-desire" (which for me is really strong during this time) with popcorn or I'm really trying to make a nice cup of good tea, maybe with a little agave nectar...am not always successful, but I remember when I was young (and thin:), a cup of tea cradled in my hands and sipped slowly would do the trick when I was "emotional"...trying to get back to this!

Hugs,
Savannah

Spunkie said...

Great Job under 200 lbs so proud of you ... and I am going to try the Chilli sounds GOOD many hugs keep going maybe I will get in gear and stop over eating and follow I am at 210 and know this is effecting my breathing etc health issues. I was doing so well at Christmas with depression but since I have been in hiding it is like it takes so much out of me to keep the smile on my face then when everyone goes aways I am just drained and depressed and avoid even my family it is sad. THis is why I like your blog so well you say what my head feels and can't put into words. Many Hugs.