Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Men vs. Women

Not that I want to diminish what men go through, but I had a thought this morning that ...
I think women who suffer from Copd/Emphysema to the point where they need help, have much more difficulty accepting it than men.

Here's why I believe that ...
Woman their entire life have been the nurturer. It is our nature to take care of our kids, pets, house, husband, and parents. So, when we find ourselves unable to do housework, laundry, wash windows and cook meals it adds to our depression and feelings of worthlessness.

Over the years when my husband got sick with a cold or flu, he would put himself to bed and act like a child needing his mommy. I would bring him soup, dinner, breakfast, cool cloths for his head .. keep the door shut so the kids and dogs wouldn't disturb him.
On the other hand when I got a cold or flu, I might spend one day in bed. The rest of the time I was at work, running my daughter here or there, doing laundry, cleaning house... etc etc etc..
I just think men are more used to being cared for. To us, they take care of the car, fix the leaks in the kitchen, take out the trash.... You know man stuff.

I just know that my frustration level climbs to a high peak when I have to fold clothes that my husband washes. My delicate dress is washed with towels and T-shirts, and is now shrunk to where it used to hang about calf length, now is above my knee and looks ridiculous! He can't figure out why underwear and bras should not be washed with kitchen towels and wash clothes! Ewwww!
Our laundry room is downstairs and I can't climb stairs anymore so he took over. It's a doubled edged sword ... while I appreciate all he does for me, I want to scream when I see the way he does it!

I used to mow the yard and take care of my flowers and the decks. He mows but misses spots, he doesn't edge the sidewalk, he weed eats and cuts my flowers off in the flower beds. The back deck hasn't been washed off all summer and there are tools and garden equipment laying all over it. It's these things that add to my depression.

Of course part of my problem is I was particular in how things should be done. Even cleaning the house I had my way of doing things. These days, let's just say ... It's clean but with streaks.

This was just something on my mind today.

2 comments:

Sarah Renner said...

Well its hard for us and let go of our freedom and allow help, but what happened to common sense as far as the laundry and house work goes. I hate when Jeremy is home as nice as it is he helps me, its never done to my standards and I end up doing it again. What about a 3 laundry bin sorter for Bill??? One, darks, ect...that way you could tell him which you would like washed and when to add bleach lol =) I love ya Kellie chin up all will work its self out or somehow we will get Bill better organized =)

Spunkie said...

Wow kellie you sure told it like it is I feel the exact same way Hubby tries but NOT A GOOD THING