Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Thursday, July 8, 2010

No news, so it's back to denile

Have I told you I adore my primary care doctor? Well I absolutley do! She is kind, caring and understanding.

This appointment was my re-scheduled "well woman" check up. But we had the ultra-sound results to go over regarding my Thyroid.

First she says we'll start with all the "history" questions the Well Woman check up requires. So we begin and I begin to tell her which grandmother died from complications of a Stroke, which grandfather died of Emphysema, Which parent died from heart disease or lung disease .. the answer is BOTH.
She asked about siblings ... I tell her 2 older brothers. Both have High Blood Pressure issues, both are over weight, one is borderline Diabetic and one passes Kidney Stones regularly. Other than that they still are very active and fairly healthy.
Everything in the "exam" was healthy. Yeah, Yippeee! Something is healthy! LoL

Then she begins to talk about the Thyriod and says I have 2 nodules that by themselves wouldn't be much to worry about, but because there are TWO of them and because they seem to be solid masses that is cause for concern.
This is where I dive into denile) So, she is talking to different doctors to see which one will do the biopsy with my "poor folks" insurance. She will let me know when one approves the procedure.

Next I am scheduled for a bone scan because I am a Chronic Steriod user ... That is part of the treatment when I get exhaserbations.

So... I know No More than I knew before I went there, but she did tell me instead of waiting a month to see me again, she needs to do it in weeks this time. She says I am one of her patients she can not leave alone for too long! LoL

Oh yeah... She also asked me when my next appointment was with my Pulmonologist? I told her sometime in Novemeber. So, she was on the phone to him when I left asking to fit me in A.S.A.P. . She is concerned about my pulse and my oxygen levels. When my pulse goes up... my oxygen levels drop. I asked her if that was Thyroid related and she said it didn't appear to be because my Throid levels were normal. Go figure I would be different.

She tells me I am always a challenge, and each appointment with me she schedules longer just in case something is needed.
Also, she put me on a new anti-inflamatory which I forgot to pick up on the way home, so I'll have to go tomorrow and get it.
My feet and hands are so sore and swelling.
Awe..... Life ... It can be a challenge!

No comments: