Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fiesta Rice Salad

This recipe is from a book my mom bought me. It is full of the most beautiful pictures and awesome recipes!
The book is called Southwest the Beautiful cookbook. The recipe's are by Barbara Fenzl.




Salad ...

1 cup long grain white rice
2 cups water
1 cup corn
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup black olives chopped
1 cup red pepper
1 cup green pepper
1/2 cup minced cilantro

Dressing:

1 garlic clove minced
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin ( I used the southwest season mix)
salt and pepper to taste

Cook rice and set aside and let cool completely
In a large bowl add remaining ingredients and stir well.

Can be pressed into an oiled mold and refrigerated several hours and then un-molded onto platter .. topped with Cilantro or lime.

(A wonderfully light summer salad)

No comments: