Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Summer Heat

I was remembering back to last year with the heat. I remember it was uncomfortable, but did not stop me from doing anything ... I just did whatever it was a little slower.
I was going down to Veterans Park and walking every morning, I think about a mile. We rented bicycle and road around downtown (on level ground) and I did it fairly well. I would take Layla to the swimming pool and at that time she couldn't swim so most of the 2 or 3 hours she would "ride" my back like I was a sea horse! I could vacuum and dust and be a little out of breath, but O.K., I could even go downstairs and do laundry once in a while.
The only thing I remember last year was the forest fires burning all around us and the smoke in the air would make my lungs burn. If I was out in it long enough it would contribute to my being out of breath ... But remember I still was not on ANY oxygen and doing alright ... Not winning any races, but living slowly.

This year ... No forest fires and the worst of the summer doesn't get here until August and I am already breathless. With oxygen, without oxygen it doesn't matter.
I went out this morning and for maybe 10 minutes I was bent over weeding ONE flower bed and when I came in I was scarily out of breath with my pulse racing to 142, and I did not exert myself. I have ordered an oxi-meter so I can keep an eye on oxygen saturation. Only because at the doctors when she had me walking around (not in the heat) with O2 on and with an oxi-meter and blood pressure checks as soon as I got to a certain point my pulse would rapidly increase and my blood pressure would zoom while my O2 went down, so we would increase O2 and start again. That's how I got on 5 liters per minute. So I am wondering again if it's time to increase the Oxygen level?
I keep a note book inside my blood pressure kit (that also takes pulse rate) and every day at different times, under different circumstances I test myself. While I have been sitting resting, after I get out of the shower (which is a hard time for me), after I come in from doing anything outside in the heat.
It's amazing too me how different the #'s are.
It worries me sometimes how fast my heart rate can climb. To the point where I get shaky, my vision gets fuzzy and I feel like my heart is going to get pushed out of my chest. Needless to say during that time my breathing is labored and fast also.

I still have not heard from the doctors about doing a Thyroid biopsy. And that infuriates me! I am not a doctor and I have no idea if this is what could be making my heart do what it is doing ... But, if it is not what is causing my heart to race then I need to find out what is and fix it. Here is where I say, I am sure 100% that my weight is playing a factor in my lung issues and my heart issues. However, I am no heavier than I was 8 months ago and 8 months ago I wasn't scared of my own heart.

So in this heat I am doing my best to be smart. That is easier said than done some times. I LOVE gardening. It does something to my soul. I LOVE watering the yard. So, there are times I know I shouldn't be out there doing what I do ... but I do it anyway.

I made a Mexican desert last night that was wonderful. I will be posting the recipe in a few minutes. YUMMY!

No comments: