Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Saturday, July 10, 2010







Around 7:00 this morning I went outside and it was beautiful. About 75 degrees, just perfect. I strolled around the front yard and picked a few weeds out of the garden and took a few pictures.
I love my yard, and gardening was always my joy. The last couple years I have not done as much as I would have wanted to. Bill built that screened front porch for me when I was a smoker so I would have a nice place to go to and smoke. I love it there, but sometimes sitting out there now just makes me wanna have a cigarette. No chances of that happening, just once in a while the longing comes back.
Anyway, I go out there early in the morning and drink coffee and just enjoy the quiet neighborhood.
The first picture I took of an arbor we put up 2 years ago. About 12 years ago we had a tenant of ours that couldn't pay rent for a few months, so we made a deal with him to build us this fence instead of paying rent. Then we planted an Oregon Grape Vine and trained it along the fence. It has taken 12 years, but it has almost made it over that arbor! LoL It was our plan to have it grow the full length of the front fence and once it got far enough we would put the arbor up. We put it up and slowly it's going over the top. Maybe by the end of the summer it will reach the other side.

I forgot to mention Thursday I got a large envelope in the mail from my Aunt (my mom's sister). Inside were some pictures of mom (love that!) and she sent me some of my mom's recipes and some of hers that her family loved.
So, I will be back to making family dishes again. Also I heard from my cousin and she told me to expect some from her and her sisters as well.
I am so glad to have help rounding up family recipes. I am having a difficult time getting them from my dad's side of the family ... which is a shame. His mother was the ultimate Southern Lady and a wonderful cook. I would love to have some of her recipes for Southern food.

Well, Layla should be here soon. I am hoping to have a good day today. So far so good. I took my new anti-inflamatory and I am hoping it will kick in soon and help with my aches and pains.

4 comments:

Giulia said...

You have a spectacular garden, Kellie. I know how much work it takes. And Bill's porch for you is grand.

Unknown said...

Thank you. Without being able to go out in the mornings or after sunset and play with my flowers I would go mad.

Anonymous said...

WOW nice job lovely home and garden. I am having my son build me a grape vine arch it is going to be square but I will show him yours will help with ideas.

I didn't know you were have a lot of joint pain drop me a line and let me know how you are doing.
Spunkie

Spunkie said...

Hey I am now a Google Account user I didn't know how it worked .. loved your pictures thanks for sharing.