Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Southwest Season Mix

This recipe is from a book my mom bought me. It is full of the most beautiful pictures and awesome recipes!
The book is called Southwest the Beautiful cookbook. The recipe's are by Barbara Fenzl.



1 Tablespoon Chili powder
1 Tablespoon Paprika
1 Teaspoon Cumin Seed
1 Teaspoon Coriander
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper

Place all spices into a spice grinder, or coffee grinder, or food processor to thoroughly blend. Transfer to a glass jar to store.

Can be used as:
a rub for meats
as a seasoning on steamed veggies
in casseroles
added to bread crumbs for coating fried foods.

I doubled the batch and use it all the time. It's a wonderful change on barbecued steaks. It is great on corn on the cob.

you can add more Cayenne pepper if you prefer a spicier and hotter mixture.

No comments: