Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Staying focused




I am doing my best to remain focused on happy moments, beautiful things, simple pleasures, Layla's giggles ... all things simple and effortless that brings a smile to my face.

I am still venturing out to the yards when the weather lets up a little. To be honest I have missed most mornings because I am still in bed. That is really unusual for me. I have always been up before Bill our entire marriage. Most times by 5:00 or 6:00 at least. These days even if I go to bed at 9:00 p.m. I am still sleeping and not out of bed until 8 or later. So, by the time I up it's already hot outside.

I have been back to the kitchen and making some wonderful recipes ... but they are labor intensive. Cutting, dicing, chopping, roasting.. you know, all things I used to breeze through now take me hours.
I try so hard to just push through my feet hurting, or being so tired ... but honestly it's getting more difficult.

I still haven't heard from anyone regarding the biopsy of my Thyroid. I am tired of contiplating whether these things I am feeling are a symptom. So, I just assume they are normal and try and get over it. The only thing that really bothers me is the lump in my throat. And, like I have always said... It's not that it is painful, it is just very annoying. And the hoarseness. If I talk for periods of time my voice gets gruff, if I talk on the phone the same thing.

I still am doing all I can to convince Bill that sitting around the house is Unacceptable. There are so many things I want to do and see and we have nothing but time. Yes, we'll have to start saving for a few of them, but for the most part I am easily entertained. I just can't see sitting in this house when I am still able to be mobile.

That is always in the back of my mind. Even though I am on oxygen and have a cannula and tanks with me all the time, these ARE my days. I can still walk (although slowly with breathing breaks lol), I can still shop, I can still swim, I can still do so many things ... Instead of sitting inside.

I am having one of those days where it's hard to find positive things. I hate myself when I get like this. I should be grateful for what I have and can do because there are plenty who can't do as much as I.

2 comments:

Giulia said...

Gorgeous roses. Definitely - don't sit around the house. Real bad for the the joints. They need lubrication. So get up and out. Sleeping is just fine. Don't fret about that one. But you gotta stay in motion, even if it's very gentle motion. Tai Chi and yoga all work with the breath. And I'll just bet you can do both with a canula. Check it out....

Unknown said...

I will. I have even called the pool I used to take Layla to and they are open later at night for adults to swim. I seem to be able to do that just fine (laps I mean), taking my time between laps when I get out of breath I keep my o2 close by.
I am going to start that next week.
You are a sweetheart for always being there with the right thing to say just when I need it. Thanks! ((( hugs)))