Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Monday, August 8, 2011

Back to Curves

I woke up this morning and as I drank my coffee I felt a tug kind of along with pain in my left upper lung.  I waited for it to get worse but it didn't, so I went and put on my work out clothes and left for Curves.  I did a full workout and felt fine.  Actually, it felt wonderful to be back.  This week on and week off isn't doing me much good.
I came home and as soon as I began to walk in the house the tug and pain returned.  Still not bad enough to begin my drug therapy.  Just annoying enough to know it's lingering there.

We had a good weekend.  Saturday we went to the Fair with the kids.  It was hot and walking around took it out of me.  We came home and relaxed under the big walnut tree in the back yard and Layla spent the night with me.  Sunday Britt came and picked up Layla and I went into the kitchen and made a salad and a cake to take over to Maria's for a BBQ.  We were home by 7:00.

I had a terrible time last night trying to get to sleep.  My meds didn't work, which just left me tossing and turning.  This is about the 4th time this week that my sleeping has been terrible.

I mentioned to Bill that it may just be that I need to take a day off in-between outings.  Even a simple BBQ to me is like a workout.  It's difficult for me to be perfectly comfortable at other people's houses only because I am tethered to my cannula and it tends to get in every one's way.
So, with today's workout that is 3 days in a row of activity.  I wasn't sure if I wasn't pushing myself too hard again.  I am so leery of over-doing things now.  This last attack really put the fear in me.  But... at the same time, I wanted to keep a 3 day a week workout schedule.  Monday, Wednesday and Friday... if I missed Monday the whole week would be screwed up.

This working out is the one thing that I think is keeping me going. Keeping my body somewhat toned or at least in shape, stretched and bended and worked over.  It makes me feel stronger, and I really do think that is so important for me.  It would be so easy for me to just sit down and give in... but I would be far worse off if I did that.  My breathing would get worse, my circulation would get worse, my Fibromyalgia would get worse... and on down the line.  Even when I get to the point of transplant or LVRS I want my body to be as strong as possible to help me heal faster and heaven forbid  infections happen... my body will be stronger to fight them.

So.. Today I am slowing down the rest of the day.  Tomorrow I will find something to do in place of working out.  Maybe my trampoline.  I will take it day by day and do my best not to over-do.

No comments: