Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Monday, May 16, 2011

Cardiologist appointment and tanning beds

I had what for me is a busy day.  I had an appointment this morning with my Cardiologist.  I thought it was a different one than what did my heart Catheter, but it was the same Dr.  That made me happy because I really liked him.  He was very gentle and talked to me without using confusing phrases or scary words. 

He went over the result from the 20th when I had my heart Cath.  My heart is good.  It is not showing damage yet from the emphysema, and he said eventually it will.  More on the right side.  It's called right side heart failure.  Sooner or later with decreased oxygen to the heart it will begin to harden causing use more energy to pump it, and not only that but will begin to fail.  He was really irritated that they are making me wait for lung surgery.  He said with a strong heart I would be a great candidate for either the lung reduction or transplant. 

Too many times they (the transplant centers) wait until patient is in such bad condition that their hearts are not strong enough to take the trauma of the surgery.

Anyway... back to me.  He is increasing my heart medication to try and get my heart rate under control.  Right now my resting heart rate is 96 to above 100.  He wants me to take my blood pressure twice a day for the next two weeks to watch for it to lower too much.  That is the risk of upping my heart meds.  Right now my blood pressure is 111/87.  That is good. 
He also told me that while exercising to keep my pulse rate between 140 and 170.  It had been going as far as 180+.  He said that is dangerous and fits emergency criteria. 
So, I will go back to see him on the 31st and take with me my notes on my blood pressure and my heart rate while exercising.

After that appointment I came home and sat in my chair and napped for 2 or 3 hours.  Never do I do that.  I hadn't slept well last night.  I was up 3 or 4 times.

I went and tanned this afternoon, which I find so relaxing.  Laying down with headphones on and in a warm bed for 15 minutes... how relaxing!

I came home and Bill had made Chicken soup.  It was perfect today because it was so cold outside.  We had snow today.  Ughh.  I want so badly to be able to get out and enjoy some sunshine.  The short days we have had sunshine I was locked in the house because of bad air quality.  At least I did get out and go to the store. 

It is 8:00 and I am just exhausted for no good reason.  I think I will go take my night time meds and call it a night.  Weigh in tomorrow and a visit with my Primary care doctor.  I'll be back tomorrow night. 

No comments: