Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday Layla



Happy Birthday Layla Ellie.  I can't believe how quickly time flies!  It just seems like yesterday I was rocking her to sleep and singing her lullaby's.  She is such a little lady.  Loves dressing up, high heels and all the pageantry.  Brittney always says... "I don't know where she gets it".  It's true.  Britt always liked jeans and t-shirts.  She was a cheerleader, but never was really girly.

It's been a long week.  Britt and Layla moved in until their house is ready sometime the first part of June.  It is wonderful to have them home, but it takes a toll on all of us.  Bill and I because we are so used to our routines, and the same goes for Britt and Layla.  I love to have the time to spend with Brittney, even if we are just watching T.V.. 

I have not followed my healthy eating the last couple days, and I am starting to wonder about Tuesday's weigh in.  I am not worried about it.  I gave that up... I just would rather lose each week.  I suppose that is unrealistic?.  I suppose if I really expect this to be a lifestyle change rather than a diet then my weight will not always go down.  I still have been exercising with the exception of 2 days.  We will just have to see on Tuesday.

I have been worn out all week.  I can tell having Layla for our weekend overnight stays and having her here all week.  She loves to "rough house" with me.  It just takes it out of me anymore.  I will not (for as long as I can hold off) be one of those grandma's that the kids have to be gentle with.  I don't ever want her to have to be careful around me, or think of me as sick.  So, with her here every day I am on my toes all day.  I am not complaining... just admitting I am getting old and tired.  lol

I still haven't heard from my brothers about the Bend trip and mom's memorial.  It irritates me because I would like to make hotel reservations early and be able to make some plans.    Besides that... I can see no reason for them to not call me and let me know one way or the other.  If I don't hear from them by Tuesday then I'll call them.  We have our neighbor stay at our house when we leave town to take care of our very spoiled dogs. So, it would be nice to be able to give her notice. 

O.k.  It's way past my bedtime.  More later.

No comments: