Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mexican Spoon Bread


This recipe was given to mom by a dear friend Oleta Journell. She made it so often I felt it deserved it's place beside our family recipes.

1 can creamed corn
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 4 ounce can diced green chiles (I would use 8 ounces next time)
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese

Combine the first 7 ingredients. Pour half of the mix into buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Layer Chiles then half the cheese.
Pour the rest of the mixture over the chiles then finish with the rest of the cheddar cheese.

Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: