Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Saturday, May 15, 2010

I have been pretty good about wearing the oxygen. The only thing I will have to get used to is packing it around with me. The canisters only weigh 3 pounds. But, with anything else in my "bag" it becomes a work out just to carry it around! LoL

I can tell the difference, with it... and without it. I don't use it in the kitchen only because I don't want to trip over the cords and break my neck. So, on those days when I am doing a lot of cooking I can really tell. I try and remember to sit down every once in a while and hook up to the cannula before I get too out of breath. It seems once I have gotten to a certain point I am playing "catch my breath" the rest of the day. I have also noticed how TIRED I am lately. I am not sure what's up with that. I would think with the added oxygen volume I would be less tired. The last 2 weeks I have actually napped, or at least found moments extremely hard to keep my eyes opened...and it's not for lack of sleep at night.

Yesterday was our 27th Anniversary. We didn't do anything to celebrate. I am not sure either one of us knew if we should or not?? This is the first year since we were married in 1983 that I didn't get an Anniversary Card or flowers, or we didn't do something special on our day. It says a great deal about how things are these days. Neither one of us if asked could define our new relationship I don't think?. Sad!

I was coming home yesterday from taking Brittney to school (since her car was in the shop) and drove by a nursery. URCH!!! Is that the sound of breaks screeching?? LoL
This time of year gets me always. I already planted annuals too early and the frost killed some of them in my planters on the front porch... I do it every year. It's just that when the first signs of Spring finally arrive I just can't wait!

I found the prettiest Heirloom Tomato plants! If you are a gardener you will understand that comment... If not... you'll probably think I am bonkers! LOL Anyway.. I bought a few of those then a couple more plants that produce earlier. So, I should have an abundance of fresh beautiful tomatoes this summer/fall. :)

A few days ago I had Bill tear up the front yard so I could make flower beds this year. Big circles! Really big... LoL Poor guy has been drug all over the yard 2 days now by the roto-tiller! Tomorrow we amend the soil and start planting! This excites me more than I can tell you! I love getting my hands in the dirt. I love planting and fussing with plants! I have decided to put tomato and trellising veggies in the center and flowers all around them. I have had a really hard time growing veggies here at this house. The front yard has been the only area that gets full sun. The back yard is shaded all day with our Walnut and Elm trees. So, I just never had veggies. It finally dawned on me that we don't need all that grass anymore... just more to mow. After it gets going I will post a few pictures.

I have a few more recipes to post too. I made 3 Bean Salad (excellent and will be great for this summer too). I also made Mom's Decadent Chocolate Cherry Cake. YUMMY!! Served warm or cold it is AWESOME!
I took pictures of both recipes, then let Britt take my camera. So, I will get back the camera tomorrow and upload the pictures and post the recipes.

1 comment:

Giulia said...

I'm totally with you on gardening. Had a 20 year garden I created from scratch which we left five years ago. And now, finally, I get to start all over again. Only I'm a whole lot older and it ain't any easier! One thing I've learned about gardens - cut some of the damn trees. Took us 15 years to finally do it and I was sorry we waited all that time. Didn't miss the trees at all! And the sunshine is oh so worth it. Ain't nothin' like a fresh home grown vegetable in your mouth. People who've never grown sting beans don't even know they're FUZZY! Those tomatoes are better n' sugar.