Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Banana Bread

This is Mom's recipe.


In a mixing bowl combine...
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 mashed bananas
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a seperate bowl combined dry ingredients
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder


add into creamed mixture, until just well blended, don't mix too much.
If desired add 1 cup chopped nuts.
Pour into greased and floured loaf pans.

Makes 2 loafs



Bake @ 350 45 to 50 minutes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kellie I love all your good food now I wonder how I can get them all in one place ... I lost my mother young and had no one to help me cook then worked 31 years so it is so nice to try your items the Banana Bread was GOOD .. How can I get them in one place and remember which ones I have .. Hugzz so great of you to do this ... Spunkie let me know on our Friends site if you can ...

Ifdy Perez said...

Oooh, I'm so going to try this recipe! I'm not much of a cook (I burn things often) but you're inspiring me to get better!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you like these recipes. I was like both of you, but I just dove in and started. Now, I am not so afraid to try most recipes. There is one of Mom's that I am putting off until last. It is Sauerbraten w/ meatballs over noodles. It's cooked and then served in a chafing dish. Very "foo foo". LoL
It was something Mom made for occasions.