Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Friday, February 4, 2011

Reading the comments on the last entry cracked me up as I came to write tonight.  Well, not exactly cracked me up... but spoke clearly to me.

Last night / this morning at around 2:00 a.m. I awoke with what I thought was a heart attack.  I had the worse pain in the center of my chest.  It felt like someone had ahold and wasn't about to let go.  I couldn't talk, so for 5 minutes tried to get down the hall to Bill.  I woke him up and the paramedic in him took over.

I can't remember what he called it but I was icy cold and sweaty.  He got our blood pressure cuff and my blood pressure was all over the place.  He wanted to take me up to the hospital.  Of course ... I said no.  He layed me back in bed with my head elevated, turned my O2 up as far as it would go and kept taking my pulse and watching my breathing.  How long?  I am not sure.  I fell asleep.  He finally slept at about 4:00.

I am not sure what it was.  Today my lungs are tight and breathing is not very easy.  I have had dizziness.  I am sure everything that was commented about is true.

I did too much too fast and while I was trying to recover from an infection and respiratory distress.  So... it was self induced.

Today I did NOTHING.  As a matter of fact, I was just thinking I will go put on clean jammies and wash my face and go to bed.  After all it is 7:15. 

I am cutting my cardio to an hour.  And, I will watch what I eat.  I will try to find a happy medium.  Giulia, .. you are right.  I need to slow my ass down.

Tomorrow we are going over to Britt's for Bill and my B-Day party.  We will be amongst friends and it will be relaxing. 




This was me yesterday.  You'll see that I tried to do some cardio.  I just didn't have enough air.  I should have just realized it and quit.

1 comment:

Giulia said...

FINALLY - the birthday party. So glad. About time. As to the rest - advice is REAL easy to give when you're not in the situation. I'm not alone in this - I hardly EVER take my own advice. But it sure is easy to dish out! lol With you.