Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturdays with Layla

I woke up this morning feeling like I slept great.  I went to the DVR and turned on Sling Blade.  I know it's kind of a dark movie...  but I love it, and I love Billy Bob Thorton's performance.  I forget it's him and that's the sign of a wonderful actor. 

I woke Bill up finally around 10:00 or 10:30 and we went over to Britts for a little visit.  We of course brought Layla home with us to spend the night.  She is busy watching the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown for the 4th time.  I almost have parts of it memorized.

I left her and Bill at home and went to Michael's craft store.  I needed to buy pinking shears to cut out circles of fabric to top my canned stuff with for Christmas gifts.  Then I found the cutest labels (Martha Stewart line of course) and some gold ribbon to tag each jar with.  They should be pretty in baskets. 
While I was there I couldn't help but look at all the Christmas stuff they have out.  I may have to go back when I have some time and do a little pre Christmas decorating shopping.  I love that store!  I tell my family if on any occasion they do not know what to buy for me, get me a gift card to Michael's and I will be pleased as punch.

I left Michael's and went grocery shopping.  Just to pick up a few things.  Mostly veggies.  They are so hard to keep fresh without buying almost every 3 or 4 days.  While I was walking around I realized my oxygen had run out.  I think it ran out while I was at Michael's and I just didn't realize it. 
When I left the house I grabbed a scarf to wear around my throat to cover my incision.  And, at around the same time I noticed the O2 I started getting pain in my throat.  The scarf was covering my incision and because it was cashmere it made my throat warm and moist and my incision began to burn.

By the time I got home I was a mess.  The incision is fine, just more sore than it had been for a couple days.  My lungs were burning from being without O2 and I was tired.  As I began to unload the car, I stopped ... walked in the house and asked Bill to do it for me.  I barely could carry my purse with empty O2 canister in it.  It was this moment that I could have taken one of those elusive naps I spoke of yesterday.  LoL 

Instead I helped unload groceries.  Tried to hide my Michael's treasures from Layla because anytime she sees scissors and stickers or ribbon she thinks its arts and craft time ... and this grandma didn't even have it in her to hide the things let alone be crafty. 

I forgot to mention ...  While at Brittney's house I went in and got on her scale.  I don't own one.  Her scale said I was at 218, which if correct means I gained 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks.  GOD I HOPE NOT!!!  Like I said yesterday .... This is one thing I would rather not be so honest about.  I will keep on doing what I am doing and go to weigh in on Tuesday and pray that it's not as bad as I think it might be. 

I am so irritated with myself.  I really am taking this healthy business to heart.  I know how important it is for me to get smaller to have a better chance at a successful transplant ... yet I keep gaining weight.  It's almost as bad as smoking with emphysema.  And, did I mention I am paying each week to gain weight.  Doesn't make much sense does it?? 

I am going to have to find some way to add exercise to my daily activity.  I will remind bill again that I want to start walking.  I am kind of afraid to do it on my own ... only because when I get out of breath ... I am vulnerable and have small anxiety attacks until I can get back in a breathing rhythm again, and it's nice to have him or Britt there to remind me I'll be O.K. and to just relax.  It's easy to get riled up and the intensity of the attack gets worse and worse until I force myself to slow down and take deep meaningful breaths.  It's hard to panic and remain calm.  LOL 

I am getting to that magic sleep time now, and there is a little girl all snuggled down in my bed waiting for her grandma to join her.  She said that if she went to bed early tonight then Halloween will get here faster.  So goodnight, see you on Halloween. :)

1 comment:

Spunkie said...

God I wish we lived close I would love to be your weight loss partner.

I like you have spent 45 days lost 12 lbs and today I was back up 6 lbs back to 200 on the nose.

The weight effects my walking and breathing.

God Bless you for doing all that shopping that is hard to do when you are well WAY TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Layla I am sure brings you so much joy and strength. I know my 5 and 1/2 grandchildren light up my life.
They are not going to find out the sex of the baby due in April until it gets here going to be big surprise. They have 2 girls and want another but as long as it is healthly. Hugs Kellie Keep Rocking

I love the way u express how lossing weight was as hard as stopping smoking it sure is .. at least our scales may STOP GOIN UP >