Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Monday, October 18, 2010

getting my house in order

Today I decided to get done a few things that had been sitting around.  For instance ... my Advanced Directive is all filled out and witnessed, however I needed to make copies and get it sent to my big brother.  Bill and Brittney will be my advocates, but I needed a third just in case.  I made them wallet cards and laminated them so they can have it with them just in case.  It tells the location of the advanced directive and who has copies. 

Of course half way through making copies of the thing I ran out of ink, so off to Staples I went.  Then as I was coming home it struck me I had been putting off writing my will.  After what happened to Mom and her things and her estate I want to make sure Brittney and Layla are taken care of, and my things go where I want them to go.  Brittney will have the say who gets what.  I want her to pick out one thing for each of my step daughters and one of her friends who is like a daughter to me.  And then the rest is hers to do with what she wants. 
Anyway, when I got home I called one of our dearest friends who is an attorney to ask him advice on how legal things will be if I just write it up and have my signature notarized?  He is such a doll ... he gave me an outline to follow and told me to write up my wishes and mail it to him.  Once he receives it he will make it his top priority to write it up in legal lingo and then call me to go with him to the bank to have it witnessed and notarized, then he'll make the necessary copies and keep one for himself and if there is a issue with the estate then Britt is to call him for help. 

What a huge weight that is lifted off of me.  Not that I think Bill would intentionally be mean or unfair to Brittney, but he has an exaggerated idea of how important his daughters are to me.  I have tried to tell him that they have their own mother and when the time comes they will get her things.  That my things belong to Brittney and Layla, and it will be up to Brittney how generous or not she wants to be to her step sisters. 

So, that's what I had been doing all afternoon.  Then I remembered that on Friday last week the surgeon who did the biopsy on my thyroid was supposed to call me, so I called his office.  His nurse told me she had planned to call me today to set up an appointment to go in and talk to the doctor.  He wants to go over my results with me.  Can I say how much I HATE THAT!  I just got a sinking feeling and have been trying to fight it every since.  Anyway... I have an appointment for Wednesday morning @ 9:30 to go chat. 

Tomorrow is my weigh in, and I am hoping it goes well.  I think I have done well again this week, but I have been surprised before.  I still have constipation.  I have taken 4 laxatives in 2 days and NADA.  What a terrible thing to write about.  LoL  Sorry ... but when you're trying to lose weight this is not helping.  Besides being uncomfortable and feeling bloated!  Ugh  I really miss just having Copd.  I know I keep saying that, but it's true.  I knew what to expect.  I knew what was coming. 

I have slept almost 12 hours a day this last week.  If I am not napping in my chair then I sleep way too long at night.  I just feel like I am dragging.  I am not sure if this is thyroid, heart or oxygen?  Or probably all of the above. 
When I wake up in the morning and step out of bed it is SO painful to walk.  My feet feel twice their size (they aren't of course) and it feels like I have a round ball on the ball of my foot that burns and hurts.  It even makes me limp for the first hour or so I am awake and slowly goes away. 
My feet hurt most the time anyway lately.  This I am not sure why?  

I am finding myself day dreaming about what needs to be taken care of before transplant and a temporary move if needed.  So...... I have been sorting, cleaning, and throwing away.  It started when I went to look for my winter clothes and couldn't find and finally did in a closet in the guest room.  I would have sworn I packed them away last spring. 

I am going room by room sorting, organizing and throwing so much away.  If the need happens to pack up our things and rent this house I want it to be a easy as possible.  And, if that need doesn't happen, well then I still organized.  I think of going through moms things.  She was so organized.  There wasn't one messy drawer or closet.  That's what I want Britt to find.  Not a bunch of mess to go through.  I know I am talking like something is going to happen to me.  It's just a faze I am going through.  It makes me feel like a load is lifted to know Britt will have an easier time. 

I think they call it "getting your house in order".  Well, mine hopefully will be room by room. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I consider, that you are not right. I am assured. I suggest it to discuss.

Unknown said...

I am intrigued. Please, Anonymous tell me what is not right? And, to whom should I discuss what?

Spunkie said...

Kellie I am sure you are doing what makes you feel better and doing in now while you feel you still can. I am so proud of you .. Hang Tough you are going to have a nice clean house just for YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!

HUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ