Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Weight loss and Surgery

I went this morning to talk to my surgeon regarding my thyroid.  He said that twice now cells and fluid have been removed and have tested normal.  However, the size and shape of the nodules (2) leaves him and the radiologist to conclude the nodules need to be removed.  So... Monday morning the 25th I will have surgery around 10:30 a.m..  I will stay Monday night and come home Tuesday. 
I had a feeling that this was not going to be something that could be watched the next years.  I actually told him, "if there is any doubt then lets remove anything, because if anything could go wrong it has this year, so let's eliminate any surprises and do what you feel needs to be done".

I forgot, also yesterday was my Weight Watchers weigh in.  I lost 1.6 pounds bringing my total weight loss to 9.4 pounds.  Far from what I expected.  I am hoping things will settle down with my health issues and Bill and I can start walking again.  Even if I "stroll" while Bill walks.  I just need to move.  With the holidays coming and cold weather comfort food cravings showing up, it won't be easy.  But I have to be determined.  If I have moments of failure, I have to make myself get back on track.  I need to have a quiet moment to sit down and make a monthly weight loss goal for myself.  Then I can tell week by week how I will do. 

4 comments:

3dandelions said...

I finally found you back..I deleted and restarted my facebook so often that I couldn't find friends back. I am so happy that I got on here in time to read about your surgery Mon. I will be praying for you...Love you much! <3

Unknown said...

I am so glad you found me too. I wasn't sure why you disappeared, but hoped you'd be back.
Love you too and have missed you. <3
Kellie

Nancy said...

How do i invite you as a friend on here? do u still have fb? can't find you there either..you hider! lol

Giulia said...

Hope your surgery went well and that that's now one thing out of your way.