Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Weigh in Day

It is that day of the week again.  The Tuesday morning weigh in at Weight Watchers.  This week I lost 1.6 pounds.  I can tell you why I haven't lost my 2.8 pounds that my bodybugg goal is set up for.  It's the late night eating!!

Even though I did not get 2 hours of cardio in everyday last week I did workout as much as my body would let me.  I am having problems with my feet and my left leg (I think behind the knee I have a varicose vein) and also my right hip bothers me because I have a cyst there that sometimes the muscle moving around irritates it.  I have a doctors appointment on Thursday and I called ahead and asked to schedule a little more time so we can go over this list of things I have been putting off because of all the other "organ" issues I have had.  First things first right?!  LoL
I will have a long list for my poor Doctor to deal with. 

Anyway... most days I can adjust my weight on the trampoline and get through my 2 hours... but lately my feet especially are bothering me.  Since I had back surgery I have what I refer to as these "nerve balls" on the bottom of my feet.  More so on the left foot.  It feels like I have an invisible ball there that is painful when I put weight on it.  It feels about the size of a golf ball.  When I stay off my feet it's not there... when I am on my feet a lot it shows up.  That's bad news because I have been trying to be active most of the day and limit my sitting.  Even my addiction to facebook games is done now sporadically. 

First and foremost I will talk to her about this heart problem.  It has happened twice more not as extreme as the big event, but a sudden pain that makes me grip my chest and my breathing is difficult and my blood pressure feels like a roller coaster.  These other two times have just happened while sitting down and last only a couple minutes.  I am just worried that there is a bigger issue that possibly needs addressed. 

I know these pains in my lungs are part of the emphysema and I know there is nothing that can be done until the time I am accepted for lung surgery or transplant.  I know that my eye sight will continue to get worse because of the medicine I take.  It seems I take a pill for this or that, but with each new pill comes a new side effect.  Most of them I don't notice or can live with.  Some are just bothersome ... like dry mouth, constipation, difficulty urinating or having a leakage problem.  I swear... getting old with medical complication is not for wimps!!  I have new respect for my Mom and Dad for both aging gracefully. 

So... my weekly pictures...................


This shows my average caloric intake for the week. 

Weekly calories burned by day and the averages are above.  I averaged burning 2465 calories last week.  My goal was 2500 so that is pretty good.
My caloric intake should be 1200, mine averaged to 1665...not so good.
My average deficit for last week was 800, my goal was 1350.. not so good here either.

This shows by day my cardio work out.  Sporadic isn't it.  I will try and do better. 

This shows daily steps taken.  My goal is 10k per day.  I exceeded that.  Yeah me!! :)

Me about a third of the way through my weight loss.  Let's see what another 25 pounds will do.
 Dinner tonight... Chicken soup and whole wheat rolls.  I will slice the rolls really thinly and brush butter on them then broil. Still get that buttery flavor with hardly any calories.  I spoon 2 tablespoons of butter into a bowl, then melt in the microwave and use only that to butter the bread.  Less calories... good flavor with a little garlic powder.  Yum! :)  The soup has very little chicken and lots of veggies.  With low sodium 99% fat free chicken broth. 
Tonight's dinner even with several slices of bread will be around 400 calories.  That is even 2 bowls of soup and 4 slices of bread. 

2 comments:

Giulia said...

You GO GIRL! What a gorgeous lady you are. LOVE the new picture. ANOTHER 25 pounds? You look pretty fabulous to me. Makes me wanna get on the stick here and follow your example. Brava!

Unknown said...

Thank you Giulia,
I still have 45 pounds to lose to get where all the "charts" say is a healthy weight for my height and age. That will be between 135-145. I will be happy if I get to 150 and hold there for a while.