Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Monday, March 21, 2011

First day back to my trampoline

I woke up this morning determined to get on my trampoline for 5 minute intervals, and try and build back up to my 2 hours.  I realized that I would have to build back up again.

We needed some groceries so I sent Bill to the grocery store this morning.  I forgot that if I needed something right away I had to make that very clear.  Sending him out to the store is like CANDY to him.  He knows all the department heads at each grocery store in town and takes FOREVER to shop.  It's more like he shops in between visiting with everybody in the store. 

So, while he was gone I started roasting red peppers for a sauce to use later this week.  I know I am missing something about roasting peppers.  I cut them, clean them, dry them off, lay them on a baking sheet lined with nonstick foil, then broil them until the skins are black.  It's getting the skin off that takes me forever.  I think I remember somewhere that you use a  rubber glove to rub it off?  I dunno... I didn't have a rubber glove, so I stood at the sink and picked and scraped until I got all the skin off. 

Then I make a Pea, Bacon and shredded cheddar salad.  Only, I couldn't finish it because I was waiting for the bacon to get back from the store with Bill. 

So, I started on Chicken Salad.  I seasoned and baked 2 chicken breasts.  While they cooked I diced ... onion, carrots, celery and a little parsley.  Once the chicken cooled I cut it in half to make 4 thin breasts, then diced it into small cubes.  Then I made a mayonnaise dressing and put it in the Frig for tomorrow's dinner.

I baked 2 more Chicken breasts to have with our pea salad.  Then once I got the bacon done, I could pop the breasts back in the broiler to finish cooking them and dinner was done.

So... after Bill got home and I made the bacon and added it to the salad.  I was too tired to jump on my trampoline. 

We had dinner and I sat at the computer for way too long, then got on the trampoline for 6 minutes.  That's all I could do.  It's going to take some time for me to get back where I was.  I hope I remember patience and not rush myself. 

Tomorrow is Weight Watchers.  I was not going to go because I am pretty sure I gained weight, and it's so disturbing to gain.  Being on steroids I am really not sure how much they play in weight gain.  I can tell you I didn't eat as healthy as I normally do this week.  I just was so worn out and got so out of breath doing the smallest of things, that to snack I would just grab whatever was there already prepared.  Like hand fulls of saltine crackers... not so good for my no sodium diet!  I'll see how I do.  All I can do is start again.  Today I got back on my bodybugg, first time since last Friday... and I tracked all my food intake and tried to come as close to goals as I could do without a work out.

Tomorrow will tell.  See ya then.

2 comments:

Jools said...

Hi, sorry I am late reading all your blogs but its been hectic here with Jon having his surgery.

I just wanted to leave you this you tube clip.

It basically shows you how to skin a pepper. LOL

http://www.chow.com/food-news/54314/how-to-roast-and-skin-a-red-pepper/

Anonymous said...

You got great points there, that's why I always love checking out your blog.

My blog:
Meilleur Taux ou rachat de credit sans hypotheque