Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Today was another beautiful day. Our weather has been unusually warm and I have been taking advantage of it. I started walking last spring shortly after I was diagnosed. When the heat of the summer got here I quit and went into hiding inside my house. If I was lucky enough to get an early start I would walk until it got too hot outside. Then... Winter arrived. The cold air just took my breath away. I tried scarves and they worked until I would get winded then I couldn't breathe either. So, I went back inside again.
I am wondering where I could live better? I think I need a climate that is neither too humid and hot, or too dry and cold. LOL I need paradise. I am sure it is somewhere in California. ;)

Anyway... the last 2 days I have really enjoyed our beautiful days! We have went walking every morning, and afternoon. Not for long, but long enough to get some fresh air and take advantage of the warm sunshine on my face. It makes me want to get outside and plant pretty flowers. To put out my patio furniture and have morning coffee outside. I know it's too early. This happens every year about this time. We will have snow again. We will have a rainy March.


I bought some Primroses at the grocery store to put in my kitchen window. They are so bright and colorful. Awe.... a little touch of spring.

I mentioned yesterday that I had a tightness in my left lung. Tonight it is really bothering me. I have used my rescue inhaler and it's not working. I may go and get my oxygen and see if that helps relieve some of the pain. If it's not better or continues I am going to have to call the Pulmonologist tomorrow.
I am still on the steroids I have 5 days left. I'll be so glad to get off of them for a while. I haven't been sleeping very well and I am sure it's due to the steroids. That just starts a vicious cycle of being tired during the day and wanting to nap, but if I do then I guarantee that I will be up again that night.

I have been trying to round up recipes from my mom. Sadly, after she died my step father and I were having problems and so many of our families recipes were given to his children and now lost to me. :( I am now trying to contact mom's sister and nieces to see if hopefully they had some of them.

I am trying to get enough so that I can put together a family recipe book, complete with pictures and stories about our gatherings. My mom was such great cook and she really knew how to entertain. Her tables were always beautifully set. I miss her.

No comments: