Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sorry I didn't blog last night. I don't know why but for some reason that is when my lungs are at their worst. Maybe it is from a day of packing my large butt around lol I dunno, but last night I just gave in and went to bed at 8:30. That is really odd for me, I usually stay up well past midnight. Especially lately since I haven't slept very well and have taken up the hobby of clock watching. DON'T YOU HATE CLOCK WATCHING?!?! I swear there are times at night I am sure I slept for hours and when I look at the clock it's only been 45 minutes. Last night I even tried covering the clock (Bill's idea), to see if that would help. Well, I woke up still but I just didn't know what time it was!

So, (((Drum Roll))) I went and weighed in this morning. I was sure that I had gained once again. NOPE! I lost 1 pound. I'll take it. A pound is a pound, and losing is still losing.
This will have to be a long term life changing decision to lose weight and be healthy and not just a weight loss program to me.
Bill is borderline Diabetic and his blood pressure is through the roof so this will be a godsend for both of us.

The weather has changed. We have a winter storm warning and high wind warning in place for the next 2 days. I didn't notice so much when I went to WW this morning, but coming home I could tell a difference in my chest. It was really hard to get air in, I used my rescue inhaler and that didn't do too much to ease it. I am thinking it is the "low pressure" the weather man is always talking about. I felt like this last summer while we were visiting Brittney in Lebanon. The heat and humidity level knocked me out. The air was so heavy that I couldn't get a breath. It was like breathing thick soupy air, if that makes sense. That's how I feel this afternoon. Even walking around the house is hard today.

I am just adding to the list things to talk to my Pulm Doc about. I am wondering if there is a different medication that would make me breath easier? Maybe changing dosing of my current meds? Perhaps a different rescue inhaler that I could use instead of stronger meds? I am always leery of increasing dosages. I feel like if there is a need to increase dosages then that just means the disease is progressing. DUH! Sometimes denial is a nice place to live in. I guess that is one way this blog is useful to me, I can look back and see weeks and months.

My one dilemma is I begin to feel like a whiner so I think to myself... "it isn't really that bad so I don't need to document it". That is not helping me or anyone else reading this. So... I fight and make myself write Every Little Thing. LoL So, if you visit here and think... MY GOD SHE WHINES A LOT!!! LOL I am sorry. That's kind of the point here.

I have been kind of re-doing this page. I need to learn a lot about how to do graphics. So, if things change around a little I apologize. Once I get it the way I want I will leave it alone.
I want to be able to add recipes here as well and have them show up in the "list" on the side of the main page. I thought adding a page exclusively for recipes would work, but it doesn't allow single listings... only one VERY long continuous one. And, I hear you can't comment on them. So... I am working that issue out. I also had music on here, but suddenly it got haunted and started playing 2 songs at once, so I removed it until I can figure out how to fix it.
If any of you are tech smart and willing to help a girl out holler. LOL

In the mean time I'll keep adding recipes. I hope you enjoy them.

No comments: