Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cardiology appointment

I had my appointment with my cardiologist this morning, Brittney went with me.  She is very interested in all this and wants to go in to cardiology or that part of medicine.

No change in medication.  No change in my heart rate.  It was 92 at rest today.  With any exertion it rises quickly.  He wonders if my chest pain may be nerve related in some way.  Having the heart be stressed by damages lungs could send signals to nerves.  These could come on rapidly, last for a while and settle back down again.  That is his guess at this point.

He scheduled me for a echo cardiogram with an ultra sound in March, then I will see him in April.  Unless of course changes need to be made.  So, in the mean time it's business as usual.  See my Primary care Dr. if I need anything and talk to my Pulmonologist for any lung issues.  By the way my P-C-D is going out on maternity leave after my appointment in November.  She is such a great doctor and is so familiar with my life I worry about someone replacing her.

Fall has arrived.  Yesterday it was snowing.  Not much and it didn't stick, but it let us know winter is not long off.  Our night time temps are down in the mid 20's so we cover my poor tomatoes at night and hope they can get a little more color before we bring them in.
I finally packed away all my summer things and had Bill bring up the totes with my winter clothes and coats and boots in them.  I finished getting them all put away today.

We are painting our back porch, mud porch, downstairs entrance ... whatever anyone wants to call it.  We at one point had a olive green kitchen so I sponge painted the walls out there green and white and then stenciled 5 foot tall holly hocks on the wall.  Painting over them was kind of sad.  I don't think I will ever have the stamina or energy to do those stencils again.  They were 3 layer stencils and each one 5 feet tall.
If I can gather up the energy I might do some kind of stencil in black around the wall where it meets the ceiling, and the wall at the bottom where it meets the baseboards.  We (I say we, but I mean Bill) is painting a wooden 3 glass door cabinet the same red that's in our kitchen for a pantry kind of, then he will put two or three shelves over the stairs painted red also.

I think somewhere I mentioned our house was built in the 20's and so there is very little storage and the kitchen is almost the smallest room in the house.  There is barely room for 2 people to work in the kitchen.  Actually one of those people always gets in the way.  During the holidays when I begin to bake I use my dining room table to put out cookies to cool before packaging them. There is just no extra counter space in there.

We keep thinking Bill can sell this house and buy a ranch style 3 bedroom 2 bath attached garage.  This house has been paid off for years, and we live in a desirable neighborhood and have updated the house quite a bit, so he would want to outright purchase the next house to do away with mortgage payments.  I just can't get to so may areas of the house anymore.  We redid the basement a while ago and have a family room there which I can't use.  Our laundry is down there and I can't climb stairs with loads of laundry.  I have a craft area there that I don't use.  We just don't need this big house anymore.  It is 5 bedrooms and we use maybe 3 of them.

Maybe someday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kellie,

I haven't visited your blog in awhile. I've been really busy with my "new career" as an elder caregiver (I'm an "elder" myself at 62 :) and dealing with "family stuff", including my daughter and two rowdy grandsons living with me this summer..lol..guess that's why I still have my home :)

So many challenges this life brings to us, but if we keep the faith, don't give up, and live and love every day, somehow, it all works out. It's amazing! I loved your description of the hollyhock stencils and how it must have been sad to paint them out...I understood...I never had the energy to stencil as a single mom, but I've repainted most of the rooms of my home three times and it looks good, well, if you don't look really close :). My youngest daughter has stenciled and I still have a stencil kit I might use in the guest bathroom that I've stripped the wallpaper off of and...yeah, right! in my next lifetime :) I've lived in my home for 23 years--a single level ranch house. I always believed in living on one level, at least in the physical plane :). I hope you and Bill can find your next "dream home"! I'm just trying to keep mine, and I thank God every day for my health. I have no medical insurance and haven't been sick since I can't remember when (my memory fails me, too :). I don't take any meds, take a hot Epsom salts bath and some ibuprophen for my "aches and pains" and though I carry an extra 20 pounds, I still can do all the physical work it takes to maintain my home, on my own, and take care of my clients.

I'm planning on completing my recipe book for Christmas gifts to my family--it's been two years since I've had the idea--and you helped me to understand I can do it with online help. I still have the subscription to the website where I started it, if I can find the website in my "favorites", LOL

I'm blessed that I can still work, that I have found a job that I am good at, and that this economy hasn't taken my home and, so much more than that, I thank God every day for my good health.

I would love to have a dog like Priscilla, but my budget right now doesn't allow me to have a dog...plus my dog of choice would be a rescue "pitbull type" and, if I'm booted out of my home, rental places don't like pitbulls :) So, that's a deferred item on my "wish list", but please keep posting photos of her and I'm so glad you have her (trying not to be jealous :).

I've signed up to take ukelele lessons (another item on my bucket list) so I can sing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" to my granddaughter, who's almost 16 months old, talks up a storm, and is the light of my life.

Aloha to you and yours,
Savannah

Anonymous said...

Wow, marvelous blog layout! How long have you ever been running a blog for? you make running a blog look easy. The whole look of your website is great, well the content material!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll want to put a twitter icon to your blog. Just bookmarked this url, although I must do this by hand. Just my 2 cents.

My blog:
kabel dsl vergleich dslvergleichdsl.com

Hgh said...

cardiology appointment tomorrow, pinball: I have a check tomorrow and will check my ICD, because I panic hysterically.

chemotherapy side effects said...

Thank you both for stopping by and taking the time to do some reading. I try and keep it accurate and do my best not to candy coat my days.

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!