Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Friday, June 4, 2010

Mom's Seafood Tomato Aspic


To me this is like a spicy shrimp cocktail



2 small packages lemon jello
1 1/2 cups hot water
2 cans tomato hot sauce
1 tsp. mustard seed
1 tsp. celery seed
1 green onion, chopped fine
1 cup celery, chopped fine
1 sm. can shrimp or crab

Mix Jello, hot water, tomato sauce, mustard seed and celery seed together in a glass bowl and set aside to cool.
Add green onion, celery and shrimp or crab. Place in refrigerator for several hours to gel. Serve with crackers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Kellie, my mom used to make this, too, and I was the only "kid" who liked it...aspics are a challenge...your photo is beautiful...Savannah

Unknown said...

This recipe was so easy. I was a little concerned because I had heard too that aspics aren't very easy.
The only canned hot tomato sauce I could find was in the Mexican food section and it was HOT. So, next time I make this I will use one hot can and one plain tomato sauce.
Otherwise we loved it. I served it over shredded lettuce and with crackers.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips re: the hot sauce...yes, shredded lettuce, that's what my mom served it on, too, thanks for a walk down memory lane and another great recipe...Savannah