Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christmas Decorating and Weight Loss

Let's get the weight issue out of the way first.  I went to Weight Watchers this morning and lost 4 pounds.  Keep in mind that I did not weigh in the week before, I played hooky.  That brings my total weight loss for 12 weeks to 12 pounds.  1 pound a week is great... but I need to do it faster, and without this up and down.  I am now at 212.2 pounds.  (I hate admitting that)  I am not sure what my BMI is at this moment, but my first goal to reach is break the 200 mark.  It will be interesting to see how this new "calorie" diet works compared to WW. 

Bill and I went grocery shopping after I got home and I stocked up on veggies and lean ground turkey and chicken breasts and fish. 
I came home and cut up all the veggies and put some in storage containers for snacks and Cauliflower, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts and Cranberry's in baggies to cook with.



I also bought myself some good decaf coffee beans and some fat free Cafe Vienna international coffee to add to it for something special and comforting in the evenings.  Plus, Weight Watchers Fudge Bars for zero fat and 60  calories.  I am hitting this weight issue with a new dedication.  This is not a diet like other people go on.  It's a life saving measure.  I know without surgery or transplant I wouldn't have much of a life.  I would be home bound eventually and my heart would continue to get worse.

I NEED this weight loss.  It is not for vanity it's for life.  However, my memory can't even place when I had 30 BMI.  LOL  So, it should be fun to see.

I am going to start going to Britt's house 3 or 4 times a week to ride her stationary bike while she works out.  She said it will help her too to keep a scheduled exercise program as well.  She is doing some program on DVDs that would kill me. 

I mentioned last night that I had decorated our tree and house for Christmas.  I love Christmas and if it was left up to me I would leave them up all year.  Bill jokingly says that any month ending in "ber" is fair game for Christmas to begin around our house.  LoL
Living Room
Living Room
Even Christmas in the Kitchen :)
Dining Room
To me there is nothing better than to sit surrounded by Christmas.  I come by this honestly... Mom would decorate so beautifully every year for the holidays.  She used to make fun of me for putting my stuff up so early.  I have passed this onto Brittney as well.  She actually had her tree up before me this year. 

It's time to get to Britt's now.  I just wanted to share my weight loss with you.  Yippee!  And, post the pics of Christmas.

**Just a ending note.  We are back from Britt's.  I rode the bike for 46 1/2 minutes.  My highest pulse rate was 156, but after resting and slowing things down it stayed about 130.  I can already feel it.  When I stood up from the bike my legs were like standing on spaghetti noodles.  LoL  Back again tomorrow and Thursday.  I will do it Mon, Tue, Wed and Thurs.  I'll keep track of my progress here. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kellie, your house looks lovely! Love all the red! I'm like you, hate to put the decorations away, the house looks "bleak" without the red..I actually have a few decorations that I ended up keeping around all year...my favorite is a carved wooden gold angel blowing a trumpet...I have kept an angel in most every room, now that I think about it...I believe in angels :). Congrats on the weight loss...I've been doing the "good fat" food plan (dislike the word "diet"...I've tried almost all of them)...try to eat some "good" fat with each meal, a few nuts, olives, olive oil, a vegan butter substitute with quality oil in it...helps me from getting famished during the day...don't know how you can just munch vegies all day...I would faint :) Never give up, I'm going to lose along with you ♥ Savannah

Unknown said...

Savannah,
I love angels to. To me they are hopeful.
Good luck with your good fat plan. Sounds good to me. I can't just stop with a few good fats though. LOL
I am not sure how far I can take this, but so far so good.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kellie,
I know what you mean...I wrote you the first comment on Thursday, then something happened on Friday evening that made me really angry and triggered me to binge--at least it just was on Pringles :)...sigh...emotional eating is my biggest enemy...but I got back in the saddle and didn't continue all weekend.
Best of luck to both of us...I'm trying to get my weight into the "normal" BMI range...can't remember when I've weighed that little :) Hugs, Savannah

Spunkie said...

You rock so proud of you and Brit is a jewel to be there for you.

Congrats on your loss I know as I keep reading to get caught up you will have lost more it is now 12/12 I am so hopeful I always read your post as you post them when I get behind most times I keep up at least each week so how I got behind I can't wait until I get to Dec I know I will find great news ..