Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Friday, June 18, 2010

A great morning

I woke up determined to have a good day.
I had great coffee and watched the news (it's a habit). I then got up and started making one of the recipes Mom used to make every Fall/Winter. It's called Hobo Bread (in coffee cans) and it is the best stuff. I want to get going with this cookbook and besides that.. I love it and have NO issues eating it in June! LoL
I'll post pictures and the recipe after I finish this blog.

Then I went outside and played around with my flowers and gardens. In the back yard most of the gardens are overgrown with grass... last year I did ZERO weeding and everything is way out of control! Beneath that overgrown grass are some beautiful flowers.

I have to include my shy baby pitbull. She thinks the camera will hurt her, so she always tries to slink away. LoL





Mom loved Iris's. Her and my step dad went to a farm where they grow rows and rows of Iris and bought some beautiful ones. This is one of my favorites.



My peony's are also in bloom right now. They are so delicate I just love them. As you can tell this is my favorite time of year, and I look forward to being able to get out and play with my flowers.

I had to have Bill do all the fertilizing this year because of the smells. There is so much outside that I can't do anymore, or at least at the moment. I went out and weeded in the front yard this morning and after about 10 minutes of doing very little I came in and hooked up to oxygen. It's frustrating. I am determined not to let it ruin my good day! I am finding it more and more apparent that the doctors are so much wiser than I am... LoL ... When they say 24 hours of oxygen they really mean it. I just don't want to pack around the tanks and hoses outside, so I'll go out and do a little then come in and hook up. Even when I am cooking I leave my oxygen off. I am worried about the stove and oxygen. So at times I get too involved and forget about why I am so uncomfortable... then it hits me and I pay the price for staying off of it so long.

O.K. it's time to go out and change the water. I'll be back soon to post a couple more recipes.

No comments: