Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Dr visits and a bulldog on my shoulder

I had the MRI and I had an appointment with my cardiologist.  First the MRI....
While I was in the machine (which I hate being in that tube) they were looking at the thoracic region of my chest.  My Pulmonologist was thinking he wants to rule out all things that might be wrong which could be causing the chest pain.

So I was taken by surprise when the tech pulled me out and told me they see a mass on my bladder and want to put an I.V. in so they can run contrast through me to get a clear picture of what this is.  She told me after the scan to expect a call from the doctor and most likely a ultra sound to see what this is sitting on my bladder.  I asked her if it was big and she said they would measure it during the ultra sound.  Of course the doctor didn't get the results of the test until Friday and he was off that day.  I did call and ask them to send the results to my primary care doctor also.
I expect to hear something this week.  If not I have an appointment with my primary care doctor Thursday.

Then Wednesday I had my cardiologist appointment.  He wants me to slowly bring myself off of half of my heart medication and see if it helps my racing heart and light headedness.  So for two weeks I am to omit first my noon dose and then the second week omit my nighttime dose.  So far I have done without the noon dose and feel no different.
He also prescribed more Clonazepam only a very light dose and told me when I feel this light headedness and dizziness I am to take one of these and see if that helps.  Then I will see him back the first of October.  He says worse case scenario is that they can't slow down my pulse rate and he would have to go in and shock my heart into a healthier rhythm.  Or something like that... it of course had a name that I can't remember.

Mentioning memory... I am getting worse quickly it seems.  It's embarrassing, and a few times has caused me to break down into tears because I honestly lost entire "moments" or forget important things like taking my medication with me on our overnight trip to pick up the dog.  It was just my pain medication... but I knew I needed it.  I just get sidetracked so easily and forget what I was doing in the first place.

As for the trip and the dog.  It went SPLENDIDLY!  I love her.  She is just the best dog.  She hasn't the fine tuning manners that normal dogs have.  She has spent most of her year and a half in a cage and had very little interaction with things gentle.  So... she is still very much a puppy, only weighs 90+ pounds.  So she has totally intimidated our dogs.  She will run at them barking and springing back and forth and because of her size and forwardness they just turn and hide.  Even Dori our silly pit bull turns up her nose to her.  Of both of our dogs we were sure Dori would love having a playmate.  Of course they both have their noses bent out of shape because there is another dog in the house.  Our two babies now have to share love with one more.  How dare we!  LoL

This is Priscilla, and pretty much what I had leaning on my left shoulder for 5 1/2 hours in a car doing 75 miles an hour down the freeway.


Mt Shasta at 75 MPH

Cari's other three bullies.  They were all watching a dog on T.V.

I have had chest issues since we left.  There are forest fires burning everywhere and even all the way down into Central California there was smoke.  My chest burns like it is raw.  Not just a burning like heart burn, but actually feels raw, like it is cut or rubbing on something.  I am hoping this is temporary and will go away.

Layla spent the night tonight and her and Priscilla played like little kids.  Layla would get her stuffed polar bear and take off running and Priscilla would purposely trip her and steal the dog. It was so cute.  So, of course both of them are exhausted tonight.  I am glad to have a few minutes to myself.  Bill has been really edgy and so I have just tried to keep everyone and everything away from him to keep it peaceful.  It's pretty hard to do with a 5 year old and a bull dog running through the house.

Well, I am exhausted.  I will let you know when I hear from a doctor about this whatever it is on my bladder.  Which by the way would explain my bladder issues maybe.  hmmm
Until then...

No comments: