Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The loss of a wonderful woman

Today was Weight Watchers weigh in.  I wasn't sure how this would go.  I could have easily gained 3 pounds, or lost maybe 1.  So, I was pleasantly surprised when I got on the scale and lost 4.8 pounds.  My little thing on this page rounds up... bless it's heart, so it reads I have lost 5.

I have no idea how this happened.  Like I mentioned in my blog yesterday, my body is doing things I have never seen before.

I have been walking Priscilla, or she walks me every day.  I think about 3/4 of a mile.  That I am sure is helping in my loss.  I also (with the exception of today) have been doing 10 minutes at a time on my trampoline.  I still haven't been back to Curves... I am still a member, just haven't been back.  I will try that one day this week and see how I do.  Honestly, I am SO tired.  By the time I come home from walking the dog and get dinner ready I am done for the day.
I have been sneaking in a little bit of canning tomatoes but doing nothing else.  I just don't have the stamina at this moment.

I am just about to call it a night, but before I do.....  I was notified today that one of moms best friends, one of my friends passed away earlier this month.  She went the way of the angels... just went to sleep and didn't wake up.  Bless her heart, she and mom had the best times together.  I had talked to her not long ago... talk... I mean email.  She was such a character.  I will miss her.  The world will be a little less happy because her smile isn't here anymore.

Here is a picture of her and mom.  It was taken about 10 years ago... they were having a St. Patrick's Celebration in Los Barilles Baja Mexico, where she lived for 20+ years.

I think her and mom are having a great chat about now.
Mom is on the right, Lois on the left.  It's so sad not to have the two of you around anymore.  :(

No comments: