Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Monday, September 26, 2011

More loss, and updates

I just wanted to get a post in tonight to update a few things.

I lost another friend this week.  For different reasons losing Kathy Gray was very difficult for me and honestly, I barely knew her.  I knew her posts on face book, I knew her comments that always cheered people up, and I recognized her positive attitude through all the adversity this disease brings.  She was a member of one of my Copd groups.

I had followed her wall, sometimes commenting, but mostly just reading and gathering strength from her.  She was older than I was but we had about the same severity of emphysema and Copd.

She wrote a few days ago she was tired and had been unable to sleep.  Not uncommon with this disease.  She had mentioned it felt like that commercial with the elephant sitting on her chest, that her breathing was getting difficult.  Finally I read that her son was taking her to the hospital to get put on stronger antibiotics.  The next post was her daughter saying she had passed away.

It took my breath away.  How quickly things can turn with this disease.

To further update another one of my blogs about wetting the bed.  I had been to the doctor not long ago.  She increased my Clonazepam and told me to be careful and watch myself.  That one of the side effects of a larger dose is to stop breathing.  I was very nervous to take them the first week or so, then they just seem to work well and the fear went away.  The night I wet the bed I had doubled the dose, not even thinking.  I am lucky that I am here at all.  I have been confused lately anyway.  My memory is at an all time low.

I have been short with Bill and Brittney.  It just is frustrating feeling my independence slipping away.  That's what it feels like.

I have been walking Priscilla everyday.  Most of the time a mile or more.  I am getting to the point where I don't want to do it alone.  I am afraid of getting light headed and not being able to drive home.  Bill mentioned my driving the other day.  It's like everything is out of whack.

Another update... my Primary care Dr. called and told me she had talked to the Radiologist about this bladder issue.
Yes, I have a fibroid cyst on my uterus.  They are mostly harmless, they will watch it.  I also have another lump on my breast.  The same breast I had a lump removed from 2 years ago only on the other side.  They will also just watch this one and check again on my next mammogram unless it starts to become painful.

I have Weight Watchers weigh in tomorrow.  I will get on here and let you know how I did.  Once again I have no idea if I gained or lost?  It's been a week where so much happened.  I think I ate appropriately, but I am not sure.  I'll find out tomorrow.

No comments: