Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow and Weight Loss

Today has been an eventful day.  I woke up this morning to find a foot of new snow and temps around 20 degrees.  I got started getting ready to go weigh in at Weight Watchers and realized since Bill was still sleeping I would need to shovel the walk to my car and then sweep it off and defrost the windows before I left.  After shoveling my way to the car I was so out of breath I wasn't sure I could continue.  The combination of cold air and exertion wasn't a good combination.  So, I struggled to open the door and turned on the defrost, swept it off and came back in the house. 

That was my first work out of the day.  I met up with Brittney at Weight Watchers and she weighed in first.  She has made it past her 10% goal and is only 5 pounds or so away from her total goal!  So proud of her!!!  My turn came and I was so excited/nervous.  I lost a total of 4.4 pounds this week!  YIPPEE  That is 8.4 pounds in just 2 weeks on this body bugg program.  I do believe that this is one program that I can be successful at and in combination with Weight Watchers weigh ins and meetings to re-enforce the goal I am thinking I can meet my June deadline I set for myself to get to my goal weight.

I came home and soon after I got home I got a call from my pulmonologist's nurse.  She asked me if I wanted to re-schedule my appointment I missed.  What???  OMG, I was supposed to be at the hospital @ 10:00 this morning for tests then at 11:00 at my Pulm. for more testing.  Crap!  I never miss tests.  So, I called the hospital and got a hold of a friend of ours who works there, she pulled some strings in 2 different departments and I had my tests done this afternoon from 2-3.  Now I go in tomorrow and have another full Pulmonary function test and blood gas tests.  These are the tests the University of Washington wanted.

I came home and went shopping with Britt to find a dress for Layla to wear tomorrow for our early Thanksgiving dinner and Britt picked up a few sweaters.
We came home and I changed clothes and went to Britt's and rode my hour on the bike.  Tonight I rode 9 miles in an hour with an increased tension.  Came home and had a salad and 2 rice cakes and now I am ready for bed.

I am hoping to get over to Britt's before dinner tomorrow and get another hour in on the bike.  It helps burning calories.

One of these blogs I will post the results of one day to show you what calories burned verses calories consumed.  I think it's interesting that a little computerized band around my arm can keep track of so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Kellie, on the weight loss! Nine miles in an hour is incredible...that's the thing about exercise, once you begin and stick with it, you can improve quickly and it makes such a difference! You have motivated me..I've been too "busy" this past week to exercise, but I will put on my walking (it's really a workout :) tape tomorrow morning...though the weather is nasty outside, we can do this!
Hugs, Savannah

Anonymous said...

Well done Kellie! you are doing great.Hope you have a great Thanksgiving dinner and try and relax and enjoy yourself! Take care love Cath x