Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Bikes and Breathing

I was back on the bike again today.  Britt called and offered to come get me and bring me back home so I could ride for an hour.  How could I resist?  I love her for keeping me going.  I rode an hour and did 8.5 miles at a higher speed.  I was trying for over 9 miles but Layla and I were chatting and I would get side tracked and slow down.  LoL  I find myself at night now using my 5 pound exercise ball while I am watching T.V..  A month ago I would just sit and look at it and think to myself I should be using it.  I can feel a difference now in how my clothes are fitting.

Tuesday after Weight Watchers will be my 2nd measurement.  I'll let you know how the weight goes and how the inches go.  I really love this program.  I think the reason why I am doing so well is because I can at any moment get online and look at how may calories I have used and how many I have burned.  I think (if I remember correctly) that it takes burning an extra 1300 calories above what you have consumed to lose a pound.  It's nice watching and having power over what that # is per day.  I am trying to keep my calories burned at least 1000 calories per day higher than what I am consuming.  Some days it's a little more, other days a little less.  We'll see Tuesday at weigh in if the 4 pounds will be an average loss.

Did I tell you about talking with my pulmonologist's nurse about BMI?  She calculated mine for me and I am at 36% BMI.  I need to be @ 32% for the LVRS.  She said that would be approximately 185 pounds.  Weighing 207 pounds now (that's a 16 pound loss by the way, lol) that leaves about 22 pounds.  Now, add in some actual muscle mass and that number will be less.  I am planning on continuing past that weight.  My Weight Watchers goal weight is 150, and I would personally like to get to about 140.  I plan on continuing with Weight Watchers only because I like the group setting and the weekly weigh ins. 

Thanksgiving and the turkey and dressing and bread was difficult.  But, I was proud of myself.  I had no dressing and 1 roll and about 4 ounces of turkey breast.  Not so bad.  I did eat 1 very skinny slice of pumpkin pie, but only at the filling and not the crust.  I think that saved me some fat and calories.
I need to start drinking more water.  That's hard for me to do for some reason.

I have noticed that my breathing is better, but my lungs are burning more.  I am not sure why that is.  I should say ... my breathing is better until I go out in the cold.  That is extreme for me.  It actually steals the breath right out of my throat.  Bill had been a doll and makes sure if I have to go somewhere he will go start the car for me and let it get warmed up.  I had to one day shovel to the car and scrape the windows and broom off the snow.  I had visions of being found passed out in the middle of the street.  Terrible! 

No comments: