Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Friday, December 30, 2011

New Years Eve, Eve....

Happy New Years Eve, Eve.  I can remember when I was in my 20's this night would be the beginning of celebrating the New Year.

These days I am never awake for the ball drop.  I am usually in bed asleep by 11:00 or 11:30.... some nights much sooner.
We have no plans.  We usually don't.  I kind of miss the days when we would have friends over.  I couldn't do it right now, I don't have the stamina.

An update on the cyst.  It is healing really well.  Every morning I get up and shower then before I put on a new bandage I cut off 1 1/2 inches of the wick.  Maybe a few more mornings and the wick will be gone.  Really the only painful part is the tape.  I am even using paper tape for sensitive skin and it is blistering me.  The bandage is in a strange location flat on the bottom where the hole is and rising on both sides, therefore trying to find new spots to put the tape is difficult.

I went today to Ross (a discount clothing and home store) and bought a large canvas painting and 2 smaller framed ones for the living room.  I want to bring more browns and reds into it without being gaudy.  I think I did alright.  On the first I am going back to purchase one more canvas one for a short long wall then I'll be done.
I also bought 5 small plants.  My goal is to get a better air quality in the house.  Some freshness.  The carpets have been shampooed, the drapes washed and the couch cushions vacuumed and washed.
I want to pain the living room.....
I have sworn that someday I am going to paint the walls again.
Last time I picked out a sample it was called wooden spoon... a tan/beige/brown color.  We bought 4 gallons and started painting. About half way done I told Bill this is not drying darker!  He just kept saying it will when we get finished.  Well, it turned out a pale shade of pink or oyster.  I can barely stand it!!

In October I bought paint for my room.  Chocolate Brown for the walls and Robins Egg Blue for the ceiling.  I have a deep brown fuzzy comforter and powder blue sheets.  I can't wait to get it finished.  We have lots to do.  Actually, Bill has most of it to do.  I just do what I can (which isn't much).  The summer/fall we finished the kitchen.  We did the dining room last year.  This year I want to concentrate on my room, the living room and in the Spring he is painting the outside.
This is what happens when you have a house that was built in the 20's and soaks up paint like crazy.  The walls inside are lathe and plaster, and the outside is just wood siding... I am a woman who doesn't know much about siding... I would guess it's 1x12's??? Anyway, it's time again to paint it.

No comments: