Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Saturday, December 4, 2010

I am slipping

I feel myself slipping.  Actually I am watching myself slip and am very aware of it.  Eating things or more of things than I am supposed to.  Eating when I am not hungry and just bored or stressed.  Not drinking water like I should.  Missing biking, and slacking on working out with my 5 pound ball. 

I can not keep this up.  It actually has been about 2 days now.  And, that doesn't mean eating candy or chocolate, or eating fat.  It just means eating more dressing on salads and eating 3 or 4 rice cakes instead of 2, drinking more fat free coffee creamer than I should.  It's the little things that I am doing to sabotage myself.  I can't allow that to happen.

I know some of it is cold weather behavior.  Coming in from the cold, getting warm fuzzy jammies on and comforting myself with warm gooey food.  Well, I haven't exactly eaten warm gooey food, but I have wanted to dunk my head into mac and cheese and casseroles.

Britt is right, baking will be really hard not to taste and eat our products.  The trick here will be to package them fast, and to not lick our fingers.  We will have to police each other.

Our outside air quality the last 3 days has been nearing dangerous for people with respiratory problems.  Of course the news just broadcast that fact tonight.  I knew the last few days shopping with Bill made me more winded and exhausted when we got home.

Layla is here tonight.  Our usual Saturday night sleep over, and I am ready for bed before she is.  It's not even 8:00 and I want to go to bed!  LoL

I am going to have to get over to Britt's tomorrow and ride.  I am going to have to re-commit to health.  Ugh... to be "one of those" skinny people who can eat anything.  I am the only one I know to have thyroid surgery, but not have a hyper thyroid and lose weight afterwards.  Can't catch a break!  LoL

2 comments:

Giulia said...

Exercising, like quitting, is an ongoing process. Sometimes we need to take stock and regroup. Sometimes the same exercise day after day can become real boring. REAL BORING Shake it up, change the routine, try something different. Experiment. I've always found that helped to spur me on. It might you too. If you bike to the same music - change it. If you have stairs in your house - walk up and down them one day instead of biking (Yes, carrying the damn canula. You don't need weights when you've got one already, eh?) Buy some bells and tie them on your ankles, put some antlers on your head and pretend you're a Reindeer and prance.... shake it up, baby! You gotta find the fun again.

Unknown said...

Giulia,
You are so right with the comparison of excercise to smoking. I just go so well then fail. I will try and mix it up a little and not be so hard on myself for those days I don't do 9 miles. Anything is better than nothing.(((Hugs)))